Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the lodge!!

Options
  • 20-03-2005 6:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭

well lads!! everyone has such different views of the place! i personally, hate the actually place, i hate the dj but i love the craic and i go every friday night cos its such a laff. u hate it but u gotta love it!

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 4,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nukem

Would be the same. Hate the place but its some laugh when your pished and with matestongue.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 semisleeping

I genuinely hate the lodge and can count the number of times I have been in the last 4 years on my two hands. Birthdays or special occasions eg. Paddys day are the only reasons I will go. The best thing about a night in the lodge is a nice garlic chip after it, and that isn't saying much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭PlasseyMinstrel

If you go with a large group and drink a lot before going out, it can make for some of the best nights out ever. If there's a small group of you out or if you're dangerously sober it usually sucks pretty bad. The music really sucks but you tolerate it if you're drunk.

Personally I've been spending more and more nights going to Molly's - the music is usually pretty good, there's always a crowd there, its free entry any time you go and the drink is reasonably priced. Trinity Rooms is my favourite club in Limerick but its just so damn expensive - both entry cost and price of drink. But of course the most important advantage of going out in town is you get to go to Chicken Hut afterwards :D

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Hoochiemama

chicken hut, so wrong but yet so right!!! i had my first sober lodge experience about 2 weeks (in 4 yrs!!), wont be doing it again!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭invincibleirish

as a first year,i thought the lodge was crap initially whatwith its crappy music and general ****tiness,but then you realise after you go there whilst flutered one time too many that you are having a great time,really its just about having a good time with your mates and getting up to hijinx,just dont have high expectations of the place or be within 500 yards of the place in a state of anything other then inebriation(that might be spelt wrong)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Sergeant Horse

Mor Disco is da way to go for me, boom cha boom cha boom!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

The lodge is muck, just like every other 'niteclub'

nuff said, i'm glad to say i didnt go to a niteclub at all last semester, and i had a great time.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 redalert2

I hate the lodge-it's a little hut with no air conditioning!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 moppet

if u think the lodge is bad when ur sober imagine whats its like as a sober-postgrad-ulsu officer being forced to go for house mates bday and bouncer asking u in all seriousness if u really wanted to go in lol

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Norinoco

Love the place...its like a barn full of really drunk people. They used to do "Rock The boat" on the dancefloor when I was there - clothes used to be distroyed!

Think I managed to get "barred for life" about 10 times! I climbed over the banisters one night and I got dragged out - managed to blag my way back in again tho!
    Always loads of people from the course out...IT&T Rules!! Big croud of alcos!

And the best thing about the place is that you could fall home!

Think It closed down one year for a semester and we didnt know what to do with ourselves...true lodge-heads!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Hoochiemama

what year did u graduate?

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Norinoco

2003 from IT&T...think the course has been changed now.

And you are 4th year comp sys?!! Dont envy you...not the easiest course in the world! And the labs in the comp sys building are really depressing. Was going out with a guy who was in comp sys when I was in college and he was killed with the work...but they all managed to get through it...!

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭keevita

lodge is:
    1)where i left my jacket last week apparently
    2)smelly now you cant smoke inside
    3)very very hot towards the end of the night.
    4)a little bit scary now i keep meeting my younger sister there on fridays nights (shes a leaving cert kiddie)
    5)a heaving mass of hormones. people who kiss people they have met slodging are very silly indeed.
    6)where ill be going later tonight... *shrug*

• Registered Users Posts: 17,501 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

So far this year, i havent gone. One time i managed to be convinced to go, since it was apparently free in before 12 this night, so i was queueing to go in and found out it was €5, so i just left. I think ive only ever had 1 good night out there in out of the ten or so times ive been there. Costelloes in town is the way to go.

Advertisement