Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do you make pie??

Options
  • 20-03-2005 6:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

I've wanted to make apple pie for a whlie now, but i don't know how to make it (I know it's a shame :( ) . pleez send in some posts on how to make perfact pies, tell your serects :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I know one secret is partially baking the base before putting the apples on so it doesnt end up a soggy mess

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭*adele*

id just look it up in a recipe book if i were you

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭little_metal_chick

*adele* wrote:
    id just look it up in a recipe book if i were you
    i would do if only i had a recipe book :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

you could try the pie forum...maybe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

RuggieBear wrote:
    you could try the pie forum...maybe

Madness!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭gilbert

why dont you buy one in the shop.it doesnt cost a lot !
    any way ,you have to make dough first,and then put cooked apples in the dough ,and put in the oven for 20 minutes

But i like cooking even though i don't know how to (lol). Where is the pie Forum?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

But i like cooking even though i don't know how to (lol). Where is the pie Forum?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=492

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 ivylooloo

First, don't overwork your dough or it'll be chewy. Second, be careful as to what type of apples you use. If you use ones that are too juicy, the water will seperate from the apples during baking and you'll have a soggy pie (learned from personal experience). I found using a mixture of green and red apples was the best. Hope that helps!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭utopian

I don't know about an apple pie, but an apple tart is just pastry, Bramley apples and sugar. To produce a really good apple tart requires a fair amount of skill.

If you really want to learn how to cook, why not invest a small sum of money in something like the single-volume edition of Delia Smith's "Cookery Course"?

• Advertisement

I dont even heve a job so don't start on money :(. Apple tart? I like the apple pies in Mc.D's they are soo yummy :p . lil bit of ice-cream with them yummmmy!!!!!!! :D

Advertisement