Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Excellent German Laptop

Options
  • 20-03-2005 5:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 45

Hi people I have come across this laptop
    http://www.jes-computer.de/product_info.php?pID=19467
    and it appears to be everything that I could possibly want in a laptop,
    it has a battery life of 4.5 hours btw which it doesnt say on that page.
    Can anyone see anything wrong or missing from this laptop before I buy it
    ( I am not worried about the german keyboard or ordering form Germany)
    ~Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 4,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nukem

At the moment Germany is the cheapest place in Europe for Electronis, Realsise the keyboard config is in German (slightly Different) and also the OS is in German,the Chipset is older now but still very good,the Gfx is a 9700 which is sweet but aging,what do you want it for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Dr.Pain

I want it for games dvd's internet college next year, I want a good powerful yet portable machine for under €1500
    I also want it to be wireless ready

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

It's not stupidly cheap. I got my Dell Inspiron 9200c (17" widescreen (1440 x 900), 1 GB RAM, 60 GB HDD, 1.7GHz Intel Centrino, DVD +/- RW, 9700 gfx card, wireless ready etc..) for just under €1500 after Christmas. It's worth paying extra for the 17" screen IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

Huzzah!

Dr.Pain wrote:
    I want it for games dvd's internet college next year, I want a good powerful yet portable machine for under €1500
    I also want it to be wireless ready

that lappie is fine so. Was on my friends lappie the otehr day with similar spec and was playing Halo,BF Vietnam and Domm II and no worries what so ever.

• Advertisement

Nukem wrote:
    that lappie is fine so. Was on my friends lappie the otehr day with similar spec and was playing Halo,BF Vietnam and Domm II and no worries what so ever.

Ok thanks for your help btw are you saying it would be good enough for doom 2 but not 3 or would it be good for any other new game, Would it play halo 2 and stuff
    also

I am interested in these two laptops
    http://www.notebooksbilliger.de/product_info.php/notebooks/toshiba/sat_m30xreihe/toshiba_satellite_m30x165

http://www.gericom.de/index.php?id=77&backPID=77&tt_products=55
    Which would you reccommend
    I also have two Q's
    Is there a big difference between
    a a 128mb and 256mb graphics chip
    and a 1.6 or 1.7 or 1.8 centrino processor
    Dr.Pain is online now Edit/Delete Message

With the centrino's there doesnt seem to be a rake of a differnce but as you can read here you can make sure of the chipset and the family of the processor and go from there. it seems to be of the FSB 400MHz so not the newset chipset,but still fast.

As for the graphics card 128/256mb is only for some games or applications.Its the 128/256 bit you should look at,check the 9700 here

Aaagh I Am So Confused Which Of The 3 Laptops Is The Best In Your Opinion??

OK, i cant read the first 2 only the jes one,linkies no work for me?

Ok sorry about that I just changed them above, they should work now!

• Advertisement

My view is this one all the new chipsets and seems to look the better of them all. Doesnt say what OS is with it though(could be blind though). As for the gfx check Dubs link to Tomshardware as you can see the 6600 is better than the 9700 and its pci-e which also means the faster FSB on the CPU.But before you buy,drop an e-mail get the full spec and make sure your happy

yeah I just got more specs from this site
    http://www.pcwelt.de/defaults/drucken.cfm?pid=21&pk=107918
    according to that it was on sale in ALDI for 1299
    yet is 1349 from gericom website,
    It does come from windows xp home
    I will buy it from gericom website, yet they don't appear to deliver to Ireland( didnt return my email on subj yet) Luckily my sis is there on RASMUS so will get it sent to her.
    I am presuming that this would be cheaper then waiting for it to come to ALDI here, do you agree?

There seems to be problems with that gericom about reflections on screen doea anyone know anything about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭ConsultClifford

How about this lads?

how does this compare ...
    aldi sells it for 1250 in germany (as im near enough to german might pop over to pick one up next time they are out!)

alternatively there is this lidl-france one out next week
    however not wireless ready - so i think its a nono

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭fatherdougalmag

Just don't try a shared laptop cinema experience on an ICE in Germany. They don't apprereciate it - especially the old people. Probably why they're trying to shift them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭DingChavez

When are all these comming to Ireland. I've been waiting ages to get a cheepo but powerful/light laptop.

Advertisement