Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

West Wing season 7 is confirmed

Options
  • 19-03-2005 5:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭

The fantastic news

Just ye know. Martin Sheen is gone so i guess it will either be a republican president. or maybe sam will come back from orange county or maybe cj might be the first female president!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

as long as 3rd watch gets nenewed,ill be happy!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

woohoo!!

now riddle me this: what's the season finale going to be called? they seem to be keepnig it a bit of a secret.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Doctor Benway

solice wrote:
    Just ye know. Martin Sheen is gone so i guess it will either be a republican president. or maybe sam will come back from orange county or maybe cj might be the first female president!

SPECULATIVE SPOILER

Isn't Jimmy Smits going to be the Democratic nominee in this series, running against the Republican Alan Alda?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Telefís

What! Martin Sheen has left???!!

Since when??!

By the way, if he dies or something at the end of the current 6th - I don't want to know...!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭solice

well sheen has to leave anyway irrespective of any possible pending death. This is his second term, you are only allowed serve two.

I thought they'd drag it out a bit :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭sleepwalker

surely its gonna be sam as president next ?

I dont know, I heard a rumour that the next pres was going to be a republican......I cant imagine it happening as it would require a complete change of cast!

What about the VP? I know he is in the campaign but he doesnt have a major role so i would imagine that he will get shafted

looks like the title of the last ep is going to be "2162 votes" [hardly worth a spoiler].

hmmm...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭aodh_rua

That's great news! I was afraid I'd have to book into somewhere to deal with cold turkey.

It'd be strange if Alan Alda were to win - apparently he was one of the actors originally considered to play Bartlet.

the 6th season has been pretty ok so far. Third Day Story was pretty good, but there haven't been any really sh**ty episodes like last season. And the word from the states is that, despites a few hiccups, it generally gets better.

I think they've only got two episodes of this series left in the states. There was talk of everyone pitching in and sending one of the new scriptwriters, Ms Deborah Cahn, a 2000-strong bunch of roses :)

Any word on when Sorkin's new play is premiering here? I know that they've begun work on The Farnsworth Inverntion...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭ElNino

banquo wrote:
    looks like the title of the last ep is going to be "2162 votes" [hardly worth a spoiler].

hmmm...

That's the number of votes required to get the democratic nomination to run for president. Presidential elections are held in November so the first few episodes of Series 7 will be about the election race.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭mycroft

surely its gonna be sam as president next ?

No it looks like Alda v that bloke from LA law, v, the VP, verses the ex VP.

A republican president would not just require a complete change of cast, but a complete change of ethos, the writers are moderate democrats, liberals, and it would require complete brain transplants in them to do the switch. Seeing as the show has persistently struck tiny lil digs at every aspect of republican policy for the entire busy administration.

So they're be some new cast, and the new liberal president, I suspect the LA law guy, cause Josh wants to set it up, and the series has gotten much more Josh centric.

mycroft wrote:
    A republican president would not just require a complete change of cast, but a complete change of ethos, the writers are moderate democrats, liberals, and it would require complete brain transplants in them to do the switch. Seeing as the show has persistently struck tiny lil digs at every aspect of republican policy for the entire busy administration.

What better way to take something down than to take it down from the inside

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭mycroft

solice wrote:
    What better way to take something down than to take it down from the inside

So it stops taking dramatic licence and becomes satire.

That'd take balls, and it'd just be inconcievable. Consider the office US version, the had to change the Gareth Character from being in the terra's to being a part time deputy sheriff.

You can't make public officials in the US look bad.

The West Wing is actually very patriotic, and twisting it into some perverted satire would have it taken off the air in a heartbeat.

Seriously, when in the West wing has a soldier or a general being protrayed as anything other than noble and righteous.

It will never happen.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

mycroft wrote:

So they're be some new cast, and the new liberal president, I suspect the LA law guy, cause Josh wants to set it up, and the series has gotten much more Josh centric.

While I'm sure you're right about the way they will go, a republican win wouldn't mean such a change of ethos for the show.

In 2000 when the republicans won in the real world, the West Wing writers considered moving the cast out of office. A sort of
    THE DEMOCRATS:
    The West Wing, the opposition years.

They decided against it then, they'll probably decide against it now. But maybe not.

iguana wrote:
    While I'm sure you're right about the way they will go, a republican win wouldn't mean such a change of ethos for the show.

In 2000 when the republicans won in the real world, the West Wing writers considered moving the cast out of office. A sort of
    THE DEMOCRATS:
    The West Wing, the opposition years.

They decided against it then, they'll probably decide against it now. But maybe not.

I like the idea, not sure if i would get bored of it though. Imagine 4 years of opposition?

Advertisement