Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom increases speed so what!

Options
  • 19-03-2005 5:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭

After the joy of getting a 2meg line has sunk in im thinking so what.Im gonna be able to max cap in 2 days now big deal.When downloading big files I leave the pc swithed on overnight when i get back from work my file is down.So i dont c what this upgrade will do for me.
    With the 128k up staying the same i dont think 2megs down is gonna make me an faster on UT2004 or Halo.
    So has there been any word on the Caps?.Im with Eircom on the 55Euro package the 8 gig cap is depressing. :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭I am MAN

JB123 wrote:
    After the joy of getting a 2meg line has sunk in im thinking so what.Im gonna be able to max cap in 2 days now big deal.When downloading big files I leave the pc swithed on overnight when i get back from work my file is down.So i dont c what this upgrade will do for me.
    With the 128k up staying the same i dont think 2megs down is gonna make me an faster on UT2004 or Halo.
    So has there been any word on the Caps?.Im with Eircom on the 55Euro package the 8 gig cap is depressing. :(

Oh shutup complaining. please.

They most likely will increase upload and cap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭cranoo

quote:
    I leave the pc swithed on overnight when i get back from work my file is down.So i dont c what this upgrade will do for me.

Well it might save a few bob on electricity :D

Thank good for my uncapped 1meg IBB connection :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

JB123 wrote:

Complaining here when there isn't any new info only pisses people off. Come back when theres new information.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Praetorian

The fact is that eircom said they are reviewing the caps (but duh they also aren't charging for going over the cap, unless you're raping the service), but the upload rate is being left at 128.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement