Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

About Kilkenny

Options
  • 19-03-2005 12:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

well this kilkenny forum doesn't seem too popular but maybe thats because of a lack of interesting topics rather than lack of cats. so how about a thread telling people about kilkenny!! (hey its 11am, best idea i could get at this hour!)

did you know that kilkenny gets its nickname from years ago when people used to tie 2 cats together by the tail, hang them over a washing line and bet on which cat would win!!*

*According to my mom

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

Freeshack wrote:
    well this kilkenny forum doesn't seem too popular but maybe thats because of a lack of interesting topics rather than lack of cats. so how about a thread telling people about kilkenny!! (hey its 11am, best idea i could get at this hour!)

did you know that kilkenny gets its nickname from years ago when people used to tie 2 cats together by the tail, hang them over a washing line and bet on which cat would win!!*

*According to my mom

You Bast*rd you killed kenny :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭Hmm_Messiah

Don't thinkthats where Kilkenny Kats came from, though I do know a neighbour used swing cats and throw them over to the wall to us, as a kid

Interesting Kilkenny Facts?

Santa Claus - St. Nicholas - St. Nicholas of Nycea/Nicea is buried in Kilkenny (county) just across from Jerpoint Abbey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

wow cool , I never knew that , :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Freeshack wrote:

*According to my mom

No,No,No, its something to do with Alice Kityler the witch and her cats. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Freeshack

well yea that makes more sense, plus my moms a notorious lier!

still would have been cool to see 2 cats killing each other like that!

• Advertisement
Advertisement