Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netopia Cayman 3341 USB Driver

Options
  • 19-03-2005 6:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭

Hi all, i am looking for a driver for a Netopia Cayman 3341 USB router. I have ADSL from Eircom, this is the router they provided. I originally set up the router via my ethernet port but now wish to change it to USB (so I can do internet sharing on a LAN). i have all the hardware, but when i plug in the USB cable it looks for the relevant driver. I have Windows XP.

my problem is that I have lost the driver CD that came with the router on day one (I know, I know !!!). I went to the Netopia site, only to find that they dont provide the driver for this device on their website, unbelievable i know

Could someone please direct me to somewhere where i could download this driver? or would anyone who has a copy of this CD e-mail me the driver?

P.S. I did a search for posts like this before i posted, and the answer people were given was go to http://homepage.eircom.net/~windsurf2/ , but this no longer has the files I wanted. :/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Dac51

Try this thread and see if it helps. Worked fine for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,987 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭padraigf

It would be much better to spend a tenner on a network hub or switch and just plug the modem into that. I'm sure youd save the tenner back on electricity by not having to have the PC on all the time!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

padraigf wrote:
    It would be much better to spend a tenner on a network hub or switch and just plug the modem into that. I'm sure youd save the tenner back on electricity by not having to have the PC on all the time!
    the 3341 is a usb/ethernet router.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭padraigf

Yes I know, hence the advice to buy a network switch. Plug the modem into the network switch, then each pc into the switch. Theres no other way it could possibly have worked.........

• Advertisement
Advertisement