Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

White Dog Poo!!

Options
  • 19-03-2005 2:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭

What the hell ever happened white dog poo? :D

More importantly... Anyone any idea what they were putting in the dog food during the 80s and early 90s to make one poo white??!? :eek:

When I was a wee lad, this seemed to be the most popular colour dog poo around! :eek:

Those were the days! :cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,484 ✭✭✭Töpher

Fúck yeah! Where'd it go?

Actually, I think it was decomposing dog shít, but with the new laws in place/enforced (or Ireland being rainier?), shít is not left on the street for so long anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

dog food in the eighties was mostly ash afaik, hence white poo

nowadays aniaml rights are more important or some shiz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭OY

Wow! I only thought that the other day! I was at my mother in laws and the dog just pooped outside and i thought "have not seen any white ones in ages"

I just would never actually say that i thought this out loud...

Whoops!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭AlienGav

Chalk wrote:
    dog food in the eighties was mostly ash afaik, hence white poo

nowadays aniaml rights are more important or some shiz

Thank jaysus! You've answered something I've been asking myself since i was 10! :)

Now, I finally know... :)

:D

the poor doggies tho, eh?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,484 ✭✭✭Töpher

Einst&#252 wrote: »
    Fúck yeah! Where'd it go?

Actually, I think it was decomposing dog shít, but with the new laws in place/enforced (or Ireland being rainier?), shít is not left on the street for so long anymore
    Ignore this information, for it is wrong.

Ash? Ewwww... poor ickle puppies :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭AlienGav

Einst&#252 wrote: »
    Ignore this information, for it is wrong.

Ash? Ewwww... poor ickle puppies :mad:

Ah double jaysus!! We'll never know!! lol :D

they used it to "bulk" up the food i think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭roxy

Chalk wrote:
    they used it to "bulk" up the food i think

Yes, of course now it's pure prime cuts of meat, and nothing but....

certainly tastes a lot better than it used to anyway, imo

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭KlodaX

Chalk wrote:
    certainly tastes a lot better than it used to anyway, imo

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭telecinesk

ok, i cant believe im reading this thread for a start. BUT I can go one better, as a present to a tutor in art colleage back in 89 I handed him a set of dogpoo pics as a going away present. There was white ones in there too. All I need is few hours in the attic of the folks house, a scanner and upload to this thread a masterpiece!
    "Enjoy your meal"

• Registered Users Posts: 23,984 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

After studying this thread with great interest, I consulted with the rest of my family, one of whom informed me that one of our manky terriers delivers the goods. I would imagine that, due to the apparent rarity of this item, it must have a street value akin to a class A substance. To test the potential of this new market, would anyone be interested in buying some, vacuum-packed, gift-wrapped, sent to a loved one? Please let me know so that I can approach the IDA for a grant to set up the worldwide distribution network.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

The white colour of the popp is from the calcium it contains AFAIK. Perhaps in pre-BSE days dogs ate a lot more bones, hence more calcium, and once the organis substances in the poop start to decompose - it leaves behind the calcium. I doubt the crap every comes out of the dogs arse white! Most likely the poop is cleaned-up before it gets a chance to dessicate.

As an experiment feed your dog lots of bones for a couple of weeks, save one of his ****s and leave it out in the sun.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

best thread ever!

Think there should be t-shirts made up with a white dog turd with tag-line
    "Retro Poo"

it'd sell millions.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LoneGunM@n

RE*AC*TOR wrote:
    The white colour of the popp is from the calcium it contains AFAIK. Perhaps in pre-BSE days dogs ate a lot more bones, hence more calcium, and once the organis substances in the poop start to decompose - it leaves behind the calcium. I doubt the crap every comes out of the dogs arse white! Most likely the poop is cleaned-up before it gets a chance to dessicate.

As an experiment feed your dog lots of bones for a couple of weeks, save one of his ****s and leave it out in the sun.

Unless I was dreaming about dog sh!te, I think the reason there is less white dog poo is because butchers are not allowed to give bones out for dogs anymore ... I may be wrong :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭*Page*

white poo is dried up poo. it doesnt come out that colour, thank god its gone people finally are cleaning up after their animals

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

i'd have to agree.

white poo was often seen on yellow grass.
    *Page* wrote:
    white poo is dried up poo. it doesnt come out that colour, thank god its gone people finally are cleaning up after their animals

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

feed them guinness the get a grey or 2 tone poo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭gubby

this is a class thread, white poo, such childhood memories!!

my dog got killed last week...so now we have no poo...:(

• Advertisement
Advertisement