Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Modem Help!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭redsupper

Would those modems/routers work with our phone lines??

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

redsupper wrote:
    Hi people i am planning on buying a
    Toshiba Satellite m30x - 165
    from this link http://www.notebooksbilliger.de/product_info.php/notebooks/toshiba/sat_m30xreihe/toshiba_satellite_m30x165

But while i am ordering this laptop, I would like to know if it would be cheaper to buy one of these modems/routers from this website.
    http://www.notebooksbilliger.de/index.php/kommunikation_290
    rather then get one here in ireland.

Can you please tell me which if any of these would work for my requirements,
    I want to share a broadband connection with two centrino laptops
    which would work with utv broadband and smart broadband.
    Would it be cheaper to buy one from this website??

Thanks For Your Help

If you are intending going with Smart you need to be careful with any purchase. If you are buying an 'all in one' unit you need to buy one that will handle adsl2. If you are just buying a wireless router that wont matter as the modem you get from Smart will handle adsl2.

At the moment Linksys are the only ones I have seen that have an adsl2 all in one available - wag54g version 2. Netgear are apparently working on an upgrade for their models.

IT direct did have stocks of the new linksys but I think they have run out at the moment.

Hi
    I don't really no the difference between all in one and routers,
    How can i get the wireless connection to work as cheaply as possible?
    which of the units on the website should i buy?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

this is the problem with having two threads..........

i need to order this tonight can anyone tell me which is the best one to get?

• Advertisement
Advertisement