Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So how was your cheltenham?

Options
  • 18-03-2005 6:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭

So how did everyone get on at cheltenham over all? I only bet yesterday and today. Won 545euro over all. Had Kicking King, Fota Island, Thisthatantother and Oulart. Still awating the 5.20 results on aertel, Have copeland and Monte Cinto in it.

So it wasn't so bad over all, although i won more last year. How was yours?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

Ah didn't win on the last.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭scargill

Cheltenham was great for me this year. 300% profit !

Biggest wins: Penzance, Missed That, Moscow Flyer, Dabiroun
    Biggest losers: Baracouda, Harchibald, War of Attrition
    Regrets !! : Oulart (but not complaining !!)

posts up here have been informative and helpful. will keep a closer eye here in the future ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Jim Kernsey

well i'm up €250! best ever result for me, usyslly oose loads!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

My €50 pot is at €200+ at the close of play.

Nice winners:
    Fontanesi @16/1 :)
    Kicking King @4/1
    Moscow Flyer @6/4
    Missed That @3/1
    Hardy Eustace@10/3

Biggest Loser:

War Of Attrition :(

Also a liberal sprinkling of places and low stakes losers.

Really enjoyed the racing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭PhoenixRising

Threw a speculative tenner on Kicking King a few days ago, so I'm a happy man. :)

Didn't know what to do with my winnings so I've thrown a bit of it on Ireland and France to win the six nations tomorrow. Got Ireland at 5-1 and France at 18-1, so fingers crossed that Wales will slip up. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭Crumbs

Kelami, Spot Thedifference, Trabolgan, Moscow Flyer, Kicking King and a whole load of placed horses made it quite a profitable few days for me.

Kicking King's imperious performance was the highlight for me. Sub-standard opposition or not, he was magnificent. And the best finish imo was Thisthatandtother beating Fondmort. If only Rathgar Beau hadn't fluffed the last, it would have been an almighty three-way tussle.

Enjoyable racing every day. I'm having withdrawal symptoms already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

I started reasonably well with e180 off Hardy Eustace and another 20 or so off of Spotthedifference but that had to cover some losses from Justified and War of Attrition... Tricast 1st- Moscow, 2nd - Azerytioup, 3rd - Well Chief didn't pull off but managed to get inglis drever and trabolgan the next day but Rathgar Beau shafted me... Had an e/w on Grand Jete today which was dissapointing but proved some small profit. Most of my money has come off allweather betting this week, but I'm roughly up about e310 or so and I'm not complaining. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

Turned my 75 betfair into 710!! Then had many placed horses in the bookies, plus big doubles (Moscow + Kicking €50).
    Big winners for me Arcalis, Contraband, Moscow Flyer, Thisthatandtother, Kicking King.
    Big losers Harchibald.
    Very enjoyable and profitable week, and thanks to everyone for their input which sometimes swung me from a winner, but most of the time swung me to a winner, well done and Thanks, lets keep it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,023 ✭✭✭applehunter

I lost €50. I only had one real winner. Moscow Flyer. Everything else was small EW bets. Beef or Salmon cost me big time.

But I was still cheering on Kicking King up the hill with everybody else in the pub. I was surrounded by Taafer's. We came up with that name today. All they back are Taffe's horses.

I must start using Betfair. Its easier to lay a horse IMO. War of Attrition and Baracouda were bizmarks for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭hallelujajordan

Total newbie at the start of last week with this horse-racing lark, but signed up to vcbet on Monday night with a €20 bet on justified in the first race and got 4 free bets on the big races . . Hardy Eustace, Moscow Flyer and Inglis Drever all came home for me and with a couple of small stakes winners (penzance and fota island) my stack was nearly €200 . .

Gotta say, this board is great . . followed it all week and steered me in the right direction more often than not !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭fr wishy washy

lost about 150 sterling on the week.
    winners were hardy eustace,inglis drever,trabolgan,liberthine(small stake) & the hunter chase.
    near misses with keen leader & fassell.

i couldnt touch kicking king after all the hullabaloo so that pissed me off

• Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭masterK

Profit of about €180 for me. Could have been a lot better, stood to win €550 on De Soto and €280 on Stance, both came second.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

I actually "lost" techinically but broke even overall (as i had a 50euro free bet, which i lost)...

Big winner, Penzanze

Advertisement