Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E! 'Save Our Show' Poll!! The results are in..

Options
  • 18-03-2005 5:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43,812 ✭✭✭✭

.. and i'm very disappointed!

E! (a US Entertainment magazine) held a poll on their website for viewers to vote for their favourite show which was rumoured / likely to be cancelled.

And i assumed Arrested Development would win it hands down..

(i sense a rigging in the Veronica Mars camp!)
    (from lowest number of votes to highest)
    15. The Wire (HBO): Less than 1%
    14. Kevin Hill (UPN): Less than 1%
    13. Medical Investigation (NBC): Less than 1%
    12. The West Wing (NBC): Less than 1%
    11. Jack & Bobby (WB): 1%
    10. North Shore (Fox): 1%
    9. Joan of Arcadia (CBS): 2%
    8. Point Pleasant (Fox): 2.5%
    7. Enterprise (UPN): 3%
    6. Tru Calling (Fox): 5%
    5. Life as We Know It (ABC): 5.5%
    4. Charmed (WB): 6%
    3. American Dreams (NBC): 7%
    2. Arrested Development (Fox): 9%
    1. Veronica Mars (UPN): 56%

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Didn't know about the poll, so couldn't vote!

Anyway 'The Wire' has been picked up for a fourth season so that's something :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭herobear

i want carnivale to be renewed :(

• Registered Users Posts: 43,812 ✭✭✭✭Basq

How'd i know you'd be one of the first to reply, ixoy? :D

Didn't know about the poll either, to be honest! I sincerally think AD will be renewed though.

You enjoy Motherboy XXX last week? The one joke that had me rolling around was:
    "He (Buster) had become haunted by the loss (of his hand)" Buster in bed looking around and gets a shock by his hand-shaped chair. Then he turns around and gets a shock by his seal teddy. And then looks at his alarm clock and hides "AL" from "ALARM OFF" with his thumb to get "ARM OFF" and gets a shock!!
    Seriously.. a show of this caliber cannot get cancelled! Not possible!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭herobear

basquille wrote:
    Seriously.. a show of this caliber cannot get cancelled! Not possible!

thats what i thought about odyssey 5, boston public, wonderfalls, Angel, futurama et al..... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

that has to be rigged...no one even watches that show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,955 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

isnt joey rumoured / likely to be cancelled

isnt joey rumoured / likely to be cancelled
    Nope.. that's been renewed for a second season.

See here: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/article/ds19950.html.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭Zhane

What the flip is Veronica Mars?

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Crania

Life As We Know It should be renewed for another season. It's brilliant and its one of my favorite shows

CoolCiaran wrote:
    Life As We Know It should be renewed for another season. It's brilliant and its one of my favorite shows
    Are you serious? I saw the first episode of that show one night on satellite. Such poorly written, cringe-inducing crap.. and also Kelly Osbourne can't act!!

And Zhane, here's some information on Veronica Mars (http://www.tvtome.com/tvtome/servlet/ShowMainServlet/showid-24272/)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭norbert64

That is one strange poll, granted I don't agree with most of the top 10, but Freakin 56 % for Veronica Mars, know it's good, but honestly, that much support :confused:

Only 3 of the top 10 I'm happy with are AD & Charmed, & I might as well throw LAWKI a bone, it's a fun little show.

American Dreams?, TV3 canned that ages ago I think, or else it's just in a graveyard slot, coz I aint seen it

Any1 know if Terestrial or Sky channels are going to pick up Veronica Mars, or have they already. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭Brock

motherboy XXX what a classic ep especially buster using his army training with classic results

• Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭case n basket

Odyssey 5? LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

A girl named Veronica Mars who lives in a town called Neptune...

That's the best they could do - really?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭TCamen

Originally Posted by CoolCiaran

Originally Posted by basquille Are you serious? I saw the first episode of that show one night on satellite. Such poorly written, cringe-inducing crap.. and also Kelly Osbourne can't act!!

I have to say, the pilot for 'life as we know it' wasn't great, but after watching the 5 episodes so far on Living, it's shown a bit more spark, and despite its supreme cheesiness and predictability, it's a LOT more enjoyable than 'The O.C'.
    It's been officially cancelled though, so it won't be back. Ah well :rolleyes:

As far as the list above, I'd like to see 'Charmed', 'Joan of Arcadia', 'Jack & Bobby' and 'Arrested Development' renewed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

TCamen wrote:
    I'd like to see 'Charmed', 'Joan of Arcadia', 'Jack & Bobby' renewed.

I'd like to see Jack and Bobby renewed too ... but unfortunately we'll have to make do with Teddy.

Well... all you Point Pleasant fans, i have some bad news: http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=19718
    Fox has aired “Point Pleasant” for the last time.
    Thursday’s scheduled airing of the Marti Noxon-run supernatural drama has been cancelled;

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭TCamen

Not exactly shocking news ^^^^^

Point Pleasant wasn't so bad though -- it aimed low & delivered. :rolleyes:

Wish FOX would take the axe to the rest of their Thursday night line-up :cool:

Advertisement