Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Too old to learn?

Options
  • 18-03-2005 4:28pm

Simple enough question. Is 25 too old to learn how to skate? And how would I go about it? Was thinking about getting a board and learn around where I live, but I don't want to look like a plank when I fall!!
    Thx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,912 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭shagman

I think I did most of my progressing and learning new tricks 10 years ago when I was a wee nipper of 25!! :eek: Still learning new stuff now at 35 so em.... NO your not too old!!!!! .......kids these days etc etc :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭MrScruff

I know you see alot of skate rat kids (no offence) who look about 12 and can skate really well, but that shouldn't stop you from learning if you want to do it.
    I didn't start to skate alot till I was about 19, and i'm glad I went and bought that first proper board.
    but I don't want to look like a plank when I fall!!

Everyone looks like a plank for a while, just cruise around on your board somewhere quiet with flat smooth ground and get a feel for it, then learn to ollie.
    my 2 cents.

Thank you all. Raise a glass to my future busted bones!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭j0e

beware thou there are ppl who seem to think if ure not good at skatin u shouldnt be doing it but they're a$$holes and as long as your having fun go for it but i advise getting a few a m8 to skate with cause one your own is ok but just not as fun in a group

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭h-street23

I've quit and restarted about 6 times over the last 15 years: every time it's like I'm just having a go for the first time.It's all good man.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

I always say it's better late than never, you should too :)

Advertisement