Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2:00 - Penzance ?

Options
  • 18-03-2005 12:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭

Dale McKeown on attheraces has been tipping up this horse the last few weeks. He's usually fairly spot on - he said he was having a big bet on 'Missed That' - but his biggest bet of the week was saved for Penzance.

It seems like he'll have it all to do against Akilak which is being heavily backed.

Dale was on attheraces this morning but I didn't see it. Did anyone else see it ? Was he still as bullish about this horse ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

I'm going with Akilak, but i have a feeling the up hill race will be too much for him, I should really do a Penzance - Akilak forecast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

These unique thread tips are coming in handy. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭cullenswood

Nice one at 9/1 aswell. I can afford to bet on the Gold Cup now!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Jim Kernsey

Cheers

I've a few quick for the rest of the day now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭scargill

Thanks be to God. I backed it a few days ago at 6/1. Was concerned with all the money for Akilak and none at all for Penzancee. I still put a few more quid on it today. I'm back on top again !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement

My brother is going mad at me for not telling him this tip. I told him about 5 tips this week and only 1 of them have won so I didn't want to give him another loser. :) He had 200 e/w on Akilak so gets his money back.

BTW - Do no bookies take Places? He wanted to Place heavily on Akilak.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

Thank you for the Penzancee tip. I can now eat for another week. lol

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭-oRnein9-

Cheers sound i had a fiver e.w on him paid out €66 something, breaks me about even from a terrible day yesterday.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭PADDYPOKER

No bookie will give you place only.
    The only place (no pun intended) to back PLACE ONLY is the betting exchanges.

PADDYPOKER wrote:
    No bookie will give you place only.
    The only place (no pun intended) to back PLACE ONLY is the betting exchanges.
    My sister has just come back to me with a docket, a place on Earthmover in the 4.00. It was in Stanley, I presume the bookies overlooked it. If so, what happens if it finishes in the top 3?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,620 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

That might be a special bet that they were doing.
    Some of the bigger bookies do it for big races.

okidoki987 wrote:
    That might be a special bet that they were doing.
    Some of the bigger bookies do it for big races.
    Doubt it. I asked her to put a place on this morning as I don't think it will win. I went over to Ladbrokes (there's about 4 bookies withing 400 metres from my house) and wanted to place Akilak but found out it wasn't possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭cousin_borat

come on earthmover!

Advertisement