Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Rule of 4

Options
  • 18-03-2005 6:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭

Anyone else read this? One of the worst books I've read in quite a while.
    The back cover tempted me with "The best intellectual thriller since DVC", its got some vague vague similarities to DvC, but its still a heap of poo.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭humbleCounty

i read it the other day, didnt think it was great either, not terrible though, you could still read through it, pretty much par for the course for "airport novels" i suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

lafortezza wrote:
    The back cover tempted me with "The best intellectual thriller since DVC", .

that should have been enough to put you right off it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

growler wrote:
    that should have been enough to put you right off it!!
    Don't make me feel any more stupid than I do already :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭s8n

half way thru at the mo, but complete MEH to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭IronMan

Easily one of the worst books I have ever read. Written in the first person, long and ponderous. The notes say it took the two author's 6 years to write. Unbelievable. It's also full of cringing descriptions of ?Princton? university.

Horrible stuff.

• Advertisement
Advertisement