Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paramount Comedy on NTL basic

Options
  • 17-03-2005 10:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭

Just noticed this channel whilst flicking.

Is this going to be a permanent channel now or just one of those 'one night sample' stunts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Mixie

There's a scroller on the bottom of the screen saying TMF was replaced by Paramount Comedy... a welcome change IMO (except for everyone loves raymond :p)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

yeah just saw that myself too. I'm quite happy about it but I wish they'd swop MTV for TMF....there was actual music played on TMF

• Registered Users Posts: 7,517 ✭✭✭matrim

Noticed this aswell. TMF in now on NTL digital.

The only thing I'm worried about is they will keep this for around 6 months, so everyone gets used to it and then change it with something else, to try and get people to get digital.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Tennis

matrim wrote:
    The only thing I'm worried about is they will keep this for around 6 months, so everyone gets used to it and then change it with something else, to try and get people to get digital.

I don't know about that, but the reason Paramount Comedy is now on the NTL Basic Package is that they will start to show Irish advertising on the channel from May 9th and as a result they wanted as much exposure as possible. The trade-off for NTL was that they are now allowed broadcast Paramount 2 on their Digital package.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

The crappy thing about it is that it only starts at 7pm so I won't be able to tape Cheers, Wonder Years, Mork N Mindy or Happy Days. Wouldn't have minded having a look at some of them again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭three

It would've been much better if they put on BBC3. That starts at 7pm anyway.

Oh well, beggars can't be choosers. Hey wait, i'm paying for this........

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Mixie wrote:
    There's a scroller on the bottom of the screen saying TMF was replaced by Paramount Comedy... a welcome change IMO (except for everyone loves raymond :p)

Agreed :D
    Dam I hate that show!

yay! one less channel with sweety chick etc! Shame it starts at 7 tho, would have like to have watched married with children.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Spacedog

paramount CC's teletext listings are arseways, I tuned in for Sienfeld and Sex and the City was on, watched it anyway. TMF/MTV are crap, if you want to see music I suggest you set your video recorder to tape mtv between 2am and 7am, then fastforeward past anything you don't like, poor mans digital I know, but look after the pennies... :)

Advertisement