Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

File conversion program needed!

Options
  • 17-03-2005 9:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm entering a competition run be HP and the file extension my camera comes out in(JPEG) is not accepted by the upload section of the site(HP upload
    • JPG
    • GIF
    • TIF
    • PNG
    • BMP

NOw, I've got a program that converts to GIF, but it still does not work. Could someone help me find a conversion program that converts to JPG if possible? IU need this before the end of the night! (11 PM)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Can you not just rename all the jpegs to jpg?

If you need a load of images renamed try a batch renaming program (I use a proggy called siren.exe

Or is a jpeg not the same as a jpg? (I thought it was)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

Well, why is nto accepting the JPEG files?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Gordon is right, JPEG and JPG are the same thing. File extensions have been traditionally given three latter variants to allow DOS compatability, but thats much, much less of an issue these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

because the filename has an e

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

Well, ok, it just accepted a JPEG file, must be too big the file I was trying to send. Thanks anyway!

• Advertisement
Advertisement