Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

broadband and telephone calls

Options
  • 17-03-2005 8:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭

Hi, I have just connected my broadband connection a while ago fantastic speeds really happy. My dad phoned me a minute ago and my connection died when I hung up it came back. I thought the thing with broadband was you could talk and surf the same time...tried to ring utv support hung on for 15 minutes got p@@d off. can you help thanks
    gonk

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,688 ✭✭✭jd

gonker wrote:
    Hi, I have just connected my broadband connection a while ago fantastic speeds really happy. My dad phoned me a minute ago and my connection died when I hung up it came back. I thought the thing with broadband was you could talk and surf the same time...tried to ring utv support hung on for 15 minutes got p@@d off. can you help thanks
    gonk

did you use the supplied filters - with **all** your extensions etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭gonker

aaaahhh so thats what those things that look like little boxes with wires out of it are...sorry blonde moment..... will try that
    thanks

thanks jd....working now.
    gonk

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

If I could have a €1 for everytime a customer doesn't use the DSL filters like there supposed to I'd be a bloody rich, manys a time I felt like killing them :)

Dont kill me please!!! TBH it doesnt say anywhere on the instructions to use those things...nowhere.....anywhere on the instructions. I seriously didnt know what they were for.
    gonk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

now you do. ;)

*gonk* <- sound of someone squeezing your nose!

Thanks working now

*gonk* <- sound of someone squeezing your nose!
    Ouch.

gonk

Advertisement