Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband caps in Ireland.....

Options
  • 17-03-2005 1:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭

Has anybody here ever been charged for going over the cap on any service? I went way over the Eircom cap a good few times. Nothing happened. :cool: Are they just there to scare us?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

who knows but eircom wouldnt do business with me if they gave me a line after i told them 'i might pay them' for their service or i might not.

at 30 euro a gig over ur cap do u want to risk it?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

why does this question keep coming up all the time, if you have a cap try to keep within it but if you go over it, eircom,esat etc. can charge you, but many people will say the have gone over it all the time, but there will always be a risk of being charged for it, (i suppose if you take the piss, by going over it by 10gigs or something)

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Akula

my digiweb wireless cap is 12 gigs. Went to 28 gigs and they cut me back to 64k download. Still waiting for them to put me back up (it was about a week ago)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

lomb wrote:
    who knows but eircom wouldnt do business with me if they gave me a line after i told them 'i might pay them' for their service or i might not.................

Would you work for someone who told you they might or might not pay you your wages? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭diarmo

Akula wrote:
    my digiweb wireless cap is 12 gigs. Went to 28 gigs and they cut me back to 64k download. Still waiting for them to put me back up (it was about a week ago)

Bad Boy!!!
    I did the math on a member here who has totially taken the cap as a joke.
    If €ircom decide to charge him for the MBytes he has downloaded over the cap for the last year he might have to pay over €1,500!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

dub45 wrote:
    Would you work for someone who told you they might or might not pay you your wages? :rolleyes:

of course not, so what i object to is if u talk to eircom when u ask them about caps, and say i amnt taking ur package because of it they say dont worry no one has ever been charged but 'we reserve the right to' what sort of mumbo jumbo is this, either there is a cap or there is not, either they charge 3cent a gig over or they dont. cant have it both ways, and try to scare ur customers. its the customers that are paying their wages essentially.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

DingChavez wrote:
    Has anybody here ever been charged for going over the cap on any service? I went way over the Eircom cap a good few times. Nothing happened. :cool: Are they just there to scare us?

UTV are the only DSL ISP to have properly implemented cap-charging system, and yes they enforce it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

DingChavez wrote:
    Has anybody here ever been charged for going over the cap on any service?
    UTV. It's automated. It was an error on UTV's part in my case, but it was an education seeing the ludicrous amounts it added up to. I like UTV, but the rates they levy for overages are bordering on theft. Completely out of line with mainstream bandwidth charges.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭radiospan

DingChavez wrote:

Yep, UTV. I've been charged once for going a small bit over.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

Got charged 3 times for going over the cap on utv. Ending up ending my contract to go to ibb for no cap.

• Advertisement
Advertisement