Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Calvin & Hobbes softtoys

Options
  • 16-03-2005 3:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭

Hey people,

Anybody know of a site where I can buy a Hobbes "teddybear" or soft-toy??
    I've tried the usual suspects, google, amazon, e-bay etc but no avail.

Thanking you in advance

Umm think I found the answer to my own question.
    Couresy of wikipedia.com

Merchandising
    Bill Watterson is notable for his insistence that cartoon strips should stand on their own as an art form, and he has resisted the use of Calvin and Hobbes in merchandising of any sort. This insistence stuck despite what was probably a cost of millions of dollars per year in additional personal income. This also explains why the strip has never been made into an animated series.

Except for the books (see below) and two extremely rare 18-month calendars (1988–1989 and 1989–1990), all Calvin and Hobbes merchandise, including T-shirts as well as the ubiquitous stickers for automobile rear windows which depict Calvin urinating on a company's or sports team's name or logo are unauthorized; after threat of a lawsuit, one of the sticker makers (Custom Vehicle Graphics) replaced Calvin with a different boy.

Advertisement