Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smart to resell?

Options
  • 16-03-2005 2:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭

Does anybody know if Smart plan to resell their service?
    Surely it would make sense to come to some arrangement with netsource/utv and put even more pressure on Eircom.
    I don't know if Esat would be interested in using Smart, maybe they have plans to extend their unbundling beyond the few exchanges they have already.

Killian

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭diarmo

That would bring in extra revenue but Smart will only ever be placed in high density areas anyway to make it profitable.

Im afraid if you live out in the "Sticks" you'll have to grin and bear Eircom!

N.B.
    Sticks = Towns of less than 20,000

• Registered Users Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭zoro

diarmo wrote:
    Sticks = !Dublin
    Fixed
    :D

I though in C it would be:

Sticks != Dublin....hahaha

But its true...Smart will never go out as fasr as the current Eircom bitstream service.

Its selective targetting.....taking the juciest bit of the pie you could say!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Never is an awfully long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

diarmo wrote:
    Its selective targetting.....taking the juciest bit of the pie you could say!

What do you think eircom are doing ?

• Advertisement

damien.m wrote:
    What do you think eircom are doing ?

Of course but Smart will do it to the extreme!
    It is costing Smart a LOT of money to pay for LLU from Eircom and it has heavilly borrowed for this Broadband rollout.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 762 ✭✭✭SeaSide

diarmo wrote:
    Of course but Smart will do it to the extreme!
    It is costing Smart a LOT of money to pay for LLU from Eircom and it has heavilly borrowed for this Broadband rollout.

And of course eircom isnt the most leveraged telco in europe

SeaSide wrote:
    And of course eircom isnt the most leveraged telco in europe

True...so damn True!!!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

I'd say they are seriously considering it, if not have already signed agreements with some. I know of at least one company who was in talks with them about it - very serious talks... (not gonna say who. If you know you know, if not then *shrugs* :) )

Advertisement