Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Esat ADSL

Options
  • 16-03-2005 12:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭

Just off the phone to an ESAT Representative....

I have a 1M down/ 256K up, 20/1 contention, no down/up caps, business ADSL line from ESAT.

I've been reassured that the download will double to 2M, upload, contention, caps will all remain the same.

This is to take effect before April 8.

I don't now about the residential.

osmethod

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭diarmo

If they did change your cap...you would get very angry I'd say!!!
    Remember the rep was talking one-on-one to you and wanted to reassure you and your custom.

If you had been told that the cap on the BB Plus product was to be increased to 32GB and you normially download 25GB a month...wouldnt you want to downgrade your service and cost EsatBT money???

basically we can all guess...but its the big boys in BT headoffice in London who make the final decision!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭osmethod

I'm not sure...TBH

The company I work for pays for the line... I also went with ESAT because they were able to unbundle the line... i.e. I have no standing charge from eircom...

Most of the others lease/rent the use of eircoms lines.. Esat own theirs.... hence why I believe they can unbundle...

Open to clarification/correction on that point..

osmethod

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

They have some unbundled and anyone with the money can unbundle really it's just not something they appear to be actively persuing, that I've heard of...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭BKtje

Im on the Esat Adsl business. I dont have a cap however and i didnt think any of the business products did? I aint looked at it n a while tho so maybe theres a new product out.

Ill whip a mail off to esat and see what they say.

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭belmulletman

RIGHT... I'm pretty miffed off right now!!

I've got the 512kb buisness line for 45ex vat a month.... all the usual, no cap..etc...

i'm just after gettin a call from ESAT tellin me that, although they are not 100% sure, but i'm going to be upgraded to a 1mb line... right this is what i don't get...

i'm glad for the upgrade, but... and this is what is getting me.... the residential users who pay 45inc vat a month for a 512 line are getting upgraded to 2mb!!!!! what is this about???????????????????????????????????????

I really don't want to email Mr Murphy in Esat, but i find this completely outrageous!!!

am i alone on this matter??

and for those who are on the 1mb package already for 90ex vat... i think you should be up'ed to 2mb, but your cost should come down... COME ON ESAT... they are trying to feed all this conention ratio B/S and no cap... woohoo... no cap... but bloody residential users get double the speed for the same money!!!

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,979 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

I've got the 512kb buisness line for 45ex vat a month.... all the usual, no cap..etc...

i'm just after gettin a call from ESAT tellin me that, although they are not 100% sure, but i'm going to be upgraded to a 1mb line... right this is what i don't get...

i'm glad for the upgrade, but... and this is what is getting me.... the residential users who pay 45inc vat a month for a 512 line are getting upgraded to 2mb!!!!! what is this about???????????????????????????????????????

I really don't want to email Mr Murphy in Esat, but i find this completely outrageous!!!

and for those who are on the 1mb package already for 90ex vat... i think you should be up'ed to 2mb, but your cost should come down... COME ON ESAT... they are trying to feed all this conention ratio B/S and no cap... woohoo... no cap... but bloody residential users get double the speed for the same money!!!

You get 256 up.

yeah, but the IOL package i'm talking about (broadband plus) is a 256up as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

yeah, but the IOL package i'm talking about (broadband plus) is a 256up as well!
    I have it and it's not! not at the moment anyway, and AFAIK no plans to up it either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭diarmo

I thought EsatBT were upping your download speeds to 2mbit/s or mabye 3mbit/s?

Then again as a business with no cap...downloading possible 100GB a month shouldnt be uncommon.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭BKtje

ur contention is lower, no caps.

Just be glad ur not on 512/256 for 90 exl vat like i am. I didnt realise that they'd lowered the price. They never passed it on to me so i sent em an email today.

Esat adsl rarely has a problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭chopster

B-K-DzR wrote:
    ur contention is lower, no caps.

Just be glad ur not on 512/256 for 90 exl vat like i am. I didnt realise that they'd lowered the price. They never passed it on to me so i sent em an email today.

Esat adsl rarely has a problem.

I'm in the same boat as you m8 , like you i have just fired off an e-mail to see what the story is. Tbh i'd sooner just keep what i have at a reduced cost as my drives are already bursting at the seams ;)

you will have to sign up for another 2 years contract to get the lower price... when i saw the lower price last year, i mailed the CEO of Esat complaining and he arranged for the contract to be dropped to a year and for me to start straight away on the new price, thus halfing my quaterly payments!!!!

hope this helps... but i'm still pissed that buisness users are gettin treated worse than the residential ones!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭scion

Just wondering if my 512 residential line is upped to 2 what will the upload be increased to? Anyone any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Emerson

scion wrote:
    Just wondering if my 512 residential line is upped to 2 what will the upload be increased to? Anyone any ideas?
    The Eircom wholesale product that EsatBT are reselling will have no increase in upload speed as confirmed by eircom.

It's 128k up.
    It sucks.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭j_nolan

I might give Esat a try now. 2mb is real tempting. One question: is their free, 3 month trial actually... you know... free?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,979 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Yeah, as long as you cancel it in time (before the 3 months) with a letter.

If you do stick to them, you get another month free.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭SachaJ

does anyone have a link for the ESAT business broadband packages?

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭oakers

I had a chat with a woman at the ESAT customer service center who gave me this information:

In the ESAT business ADSL program there are 2 packages, a 512KB line and a 1024KB line. these will be upgraded to 2MB and 4MB respectively!

I have to admit, I'll believe this when I see the speed increase!

Esat really need to know what is going on???
    we are getting conflicting reports... that is if you actuallyl get through to some one who actually kinda knows what you are talking about!!!!

so now it's 2mb and 4mb... when i phoned it was 1mb and 2mb!!! aaaahhhh... for god's sake ESAT (and i dont mean IOL) give us a straigh answer...

sorry for going off on one... but just gettin frustrated...

B-Man :confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Esat really need to know what is going on???
    we are getting conflicting reports... that is if you actuallyl get through to some one who actually kinda knows what you are talking about!!!!

so now it's 2mb and 4mb... when i phoned it was 1mb and 2mb!!! aaaahhhh... for god's sake ESAT (and i dont mean IOL) give us a straigh answer...

sorry for going off on one... but just gettin frustrated...

B-Man :confused::confused:
    2mb and 4mb for the business packages....1mb || 2mb for home.

• Advertisement
Advertisement