Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IOLBB or IOLBB plus?

Options
  • 16-03-2005 12:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭

I'm on the free trial, got it in january, and as far as I know I should be on the regular IOLBB? Only thing is, they sent me out a webcam and norton internet security...So, do they start your trial on the IOLBB plus?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭diarmo

Same with me john!!!

At this stage im seriously thinking about returning their Webcam(ofwhich I have no use for) + NIS2004(I have 2005), paying the extra €10 for connection and leaving it like that.

When I filled in the form all references in my view were to IOLBB and not the Plus version!

Could someone please give advice on where John and myself stand on this issue?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

You're supposed to get the free webcam with your trial. My girlfriend had the trial and still has the webcam after cancelling. It's their present to you... :p I'm sure you can give them a call on the matter, if you intend keeping the connection, and ask them to downgrade. The fact that you had intended having just IOLBB would make it tough on them to charge you. Option a: "downgrade me to IOLBB and I stay on for 12 months" option b: "i cancel altogether and go with another provider". They'd want to be quite stupid to not help you into a 12 month contract!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭diarmo

I would intend to stay with EsatBT as they offer better value for money then €ircom and youre not tied to their phone service if you dont want it..unlike UTV.

I could cancel the trial send back the modem...reorder the IOL Basic and then get the modem back...but that is absolutely ridiculous!!!

Thanks for the reply halenger...I'm sure EsatBT will listen to reason and just switch us from Plus to basic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭JohnMorrissey

Maybe their being nice and gave out free stuff to basic trials :p After all, I waited 2 months for them to send me my modem. If you go here: http://esatbt.com/echannel/esat.portal and register you can check what package you are on. However, I don't have my Account number to hand :s

Advertisement