Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband application problems

Options
  • 16-03-2005 10:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭

I had the 2 month free trial with eirscum last year up until Dec. Cancelled end of Dec and applied for UTV Boradband & telephony in the beginning of Jan. The telephony was connected up fairly quick but I was waiting ages for the broadband. I got to contacting them in Feb and they told me they were waiting on me to provide them with a cancellation ref # from eirscum.
    Got that to them on the 21st. Told it would be about another week. 5 phone calls later and 3 weeks, I'm still waiting.
    I was told this morning that they basically have to wait for eirscum to give them the green light even though I've gotten the cancellation #. They tell me they are like this all the time and are stubborn to give away the business.

Are they just pulling my leg or genuine?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

Genuine. I had a similar problem. I signed up with Eircom and then cancelled before installation. The cancellation was cool on one system but, there is another system the muppets on the phone have no access to. This help me up. 9 weeks it took to sort out.

MrP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭diarmo

I heard the same stories from many friends of mine.

They try and bully you to keep their product.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

diarmo wrote:
    I heard the same stories from many friends of mine.

They try and bully you to keep their product.

Eircom may well do that but on the other hand UTV csrs are never slow to blame Eircom rather than do something themselves.

Email your full details to Carl@u.tv and see if he can sort out anything for you. Poor Carl is already heavily burdened but he seems to be the only one there with a bit of cop on. UTV were stonewalling a friend of mine and blaming Eircom and Carl sorted it out for him so give it a go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭diarmo

dub45 wrote:
    Eircom may well do that but on the other hand UTV csrs are never slow to blame Eircom rather than do something themselves.

Email your full details to Carl@u.tv and see if he can sort out anything for you. Poor Carl is already heavily burdened but he seems to be the only one there with a bit of cop on. UTV were stonewalling a friend of mine and blaming Eircom and Carl sorted it out for him so give it a go.

I'll tell you a little story about Eircom and their "Free trial".

I got out their trial in October and was told that after 2 months I would begin to receive monthly bills with my line rental charges from them.
    3 weeks into the trial I get a bill from eircom for €45excl.VAT for the supposed trial I was on.
    4 weeks later even after complaining a couple of times to their reps...I get another bill for 45excl.VAT!

That was that...I cancelled the Eircom trial, posted them back their Modem and started ringing them on a monthly baisis to sort out their affaris as they still had not taken those 2 x 45excl.VAT charges from my account.
    If I had just rolled over and accepted it then I would have been coersed to signup to their Rip Off broadband!
    As of the last bill, they have still not sorted it out and Im getting extremely angry with them.
    I've had the smart phone service for a while now and have recently got EsatBT BB installed.

I never intend to do business with Eircom for as long as I can help it!!!

Advertisement