Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iol follow in eircom steps

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Well, they had to weather they like it or not. Afterall, all they are doing is reselling Eircom's product.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kasintahan

Winters wrote:
    Well, they had to weather they like it or not. Afterall, all they are doing is reselling Eircom's product.

It's amazing the number of people who don't know that. :rolleyes:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

Yet we're still waiting on cap news... Everyone's waiting for Eircom to make a move so they can top it. ... Hurry the hell up Eircom. We're impatient. *chants "Faster, faster, faster"* :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭diarmo

What would happen if Eircom dont increase the cap???

Average Joe Soap would'nt care and Eircom know this!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭I am MAN

diarmo wrote:
    What would happen if Eircom dont increase the cap???

Average Joe Soap would'nt care and Eircom know this!!!!

They are dont worry

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

I am MAN wrote:
    They are dont worry
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

Will we need to get new modems or can the ****ty ZyXEL ones hold the new bandwidth?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

Those ZyXEL's can handle upto 8 megabit, ADSL theoretical maximum. I noticed yesterday, or the day before, that IOLBB Plus customers are the *owners* of the modem that's supplied. They give out a superior one these days - some sorta router thingy, wouldn't mind too much being the owner of one of those - just to add to my collection. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭diarmo

Will we need to get new modems or can the ****ty ZyXEL ones hold the new bandwidth?

The ZyXEL modems must comply with ADSL specs and have passed CE and FCC tests.

There should be no problem with them handling speeds up to 6mbit I would say...so even the 4mbit product shouldnt have any major loss.

The weakest link in the chain is actually the Eircom lines in my opinion as low maintenance has that effect.

Advertisement