Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BB and moving house

Options
  • 16-03-2005 3:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭

I am currently with Esat but have not finished the 12 month contract.

If I move house before the contract ends will they sting me for the remainder of the contract plus new connection fee? I am happy with the service and would like a smooth transition (I would be moving to an area where the exchange offers iol BB).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

Think you have two options :-

1. test the line in your new house and move the line there.
    2. pay the remainder to get out of the contract

D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

You can move the BB connection to the new address as long as the line passes the test. If the line in the new house isn't connected yet then there will be no info on whether it's suitable or not. Only active lines can be tested by Eircom, or at least that's their stance on it anyway.

Try find out the number at the new address if there is one, else there'll likely be a delay of 4 to 6 weeks in the transition.

They might also charge you a connection fee to the new address aswell, you'd have to give them a ring to find that out.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Sar!

Actually i have just finished sorting this exact same thing out today!

We are on ESAT and have not finished our contract with them and we want to continue on it in our new property. Here is exactly the process you will end up going through just to warn you in advance!

Ring ESAT and they will tell you to ring Eircom to organise a new number.
    So you ring Eircom and they set up a new account number and phone number for you.
    Eircom give you the new phone number but no account number and say that they cannot give the account number to you over the phone because of the data protection act.

So you have to ring eircoms credit management and they say they will post it out but not for at least two weeks! After much arguing and investigating you can demand that they send you out the account number within three days by post however it will of course go to the new address so make sure someone is there to collect it! Also Eircom told me they are not currently charging for new connections due to some special offer if you order before the 31st of March. However they will charge you line rental in advance for the first month but it will be refunded if you are paying your rental through ESAT.

The only thing i dont know now is just how long it will take ESAT to set this up BB on the new line. I did ask ESAT and they said that it could be anywhere up to 15 days and they will have to check on the line passing (i know it will already as we have Cat 5 cabling throught the new place and it is wired for BB)

Phew....so be prepared for a bit of stress! - hope this helped somewhat! :)

Advertisement