Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Esat BT new offering not up to Smart Telecom

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,978 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

What if Smart decide that this offer is costing them too much and mess around with the prices at a later date. I think it's a good offer. If you take the 25 euro telephone package it saves you money aswell.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Seems like a reasonable stab at it to me, it's more expensive, but I'd be surprised if eircom even match what IOL are CURRENTLY providing.
    Eircom don't need products though, they have a massive marketing machine :P

Smart are offering free line rental to get their first bout of customers, IOL already have theirs.
    Also, if the rumour mill is true, by the end of the year all line rental will be dropped anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭Serbian

CuLT wrote:
    I'd be surprised if eircom even match what IOL are CURRENTLY providing.

If you are talking about speeds, IOL have no choice but to provide exactly the services that eircom provide as they are simply reselling eircom products. They don't have much flexibilty on price either, but I think it says it all when eircom charge more for the service than IOL do, despite costing them less to provide it.

The reason Smart can charge so little for the whole thing is that they are unbundling the lines and taking ownership of them, so they will pay eircom a once off fee to take the line and then they are free to do what they want as regards provide services.

In effect Smart are doing their own ADSL2 rollout, and are not tied to the services / products that eircom offer.

Advertisement