Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IBB have no plans to follow suit with Smart and Eircom

Options
  • 15-03-2005 8:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭

I emailed IBB support yesterday to voice my "concerns" over Eircom/Smart offering the higher download speeds. They gave me a hollow and resounding:

"We have no immediate plans to change the speeds of our Ripwave/Breeze services."

Tough luck for us I guess, I'll just roll around in my capless connection :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 978 ✭✭✭bounty

speed (4mb) is far more important than caps for me :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

Irish Broadband have no reason to offer a better service. There's is currently far superior to the offering of any of the other providers, in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

i think the reason why they wont is because they have both the same speeds upload and download.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

I'm with IBB at the moment on their 512kb service. I'm leaving them as soon as i can convince the parents to change to esat. paying €35 a month as is, and the upload speed isnt too important to me that i'd miss it

contention ratios, asymmetric connection, caps... all illrelevant

4mb is only number that matters to me, best pings, and fastest downloads

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭carbsy

bounty wrote:

There should be no difference in pings between a 256k cnx and a 4mb cnx assuming they had the same interleaving settings.If anything I'd say (on experience) the higher you go the higher the latency.

oh a new word to add to my illrelevant list (imo), so far i have

contention ratios, asymmetric connection, caps and interleaving :p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,979 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Well seeing that interleaving and ping aren't mutually exclusive, it's either both off your list or on :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭Kone

Well seeing as they cannot even provide a decent 1mb service to us poor suckers on the ballymun mast I think the chances of them supplying a decent 4mb is way out of the question!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,878 ✭✭✭JDxtra

It may not be technically possible for them to offer such high speeds to the masses.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

I dont think IBB have a plan to supply the 1mb to the exisintg customers !!

lol

never mind the increase

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

bounty wrote:

you would be happy with contention ratios so high it meant your bradband is unusable at certain times of the day?

Advertisement