Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick question

Options
  • 15-03-2005 7:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

I would like BB in my place in Dublin -> Balinteer area (just moving in)

If I'm going to be there for 6months and want BB what should I do? I don't want any 12mth contract.

There is NTL in the house and I think that only select areas in Dublin have NTL BB...?

Another question is the Free trials offered... are they exactly what they say on the tin? AFAIK Esat BT have the best one? And what about free trial hopping, from Esat then to Eircom???

Loads of questions. I hope someone can answer a few.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Eire007 wrote:
    I would like BB in my place in Dublin -> Balinteer area (just moving in)

If I'm going to be there for 6months and want BB what should I do? I don't want any 12mth contract.

There is NTL in the house and I think that only select areas in Dublin have NTL BB...?

Another question is the Free trials offered... are they exactly what they say on the tin? AFAIK Esat BT have the best one? And what about free trial hopping, from Esat then to Eircom???

Loads of questions. I hope someone can answer a few.

Ring NTL - they will tell you if it is available - simple as that.

The current free trials all end on 31st March so move fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Eire007

but are the easy to get and easy to get out of?

Eire007 wrote:
    but are the easy to get and easy to get out of?

I am sorry but I dont have a great deal of sympathy for people attempting to flit between free trials. The rest of us paying customers are effectively subisiding you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Jammer

can't be done afaik, ur line will be marked as having had a trial already.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Jammer wrote:
    can't be done afaik, ur line will be marked as having had a trial already.

..and a good thing to...bloody cheap skates!
    :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 Eire007

so my alternative is to go into a 12mth contract of which I'll not be around for the rest???
    I would bloody pay if there was a 6mth contract.

Eire007 wrote:
    so my alternative is to go into a 12mth contract of which I'll not be around for the rest???
    I would bloody pay if there was a 6mth contract.

You could get a free trial which will take you through 3 months.

You could approach UTV for example and say you are willing to forego the free trial if they will supply you for six months.

Advertisement