Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Live Trial Q's

Options
  • 15-03-2005 6:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭

So when you sign up to xbox live trial do you have to give a credit card number? Had a look at the small print and they said that they charge you if you dont cancel your 2 month free trial when it comes to an end.

Anyone shed any light on this for me?
    Cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

You need a cc and they willcontinue to charge you after teh 2 months unless you tell them not to

Hyzepher

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

After about 7 weeks of my trial I tried to call the phone line - and it wouldn't work.
    Kept telling me I was in the wrong geographical location (I was ringing the Irish number, from Dublin).
    Tried another microsoft number - no satisfaction.

Lo and behold they charged my card.

About a week later I finally got through to the number (call center on the other side of the world I suspect). To cut a long story short, they cancelled my account and told me my card would be credited.

They didn't give me any more hassle - but it was a royal pain in the ass.
    Be warned!

Advertisement