Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems with Nomad Explorer (Zen Touch)

Options
  • 15-03-2005 1:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭

I have a Zen touch, and i use Nomad Explorer to tansfer files, but if my zen is plugged into the PC, any attempt to access My Computer will generally hang.

What's worse is that it affects the save as dialogue box as well, so when i try to save something, that something hangs, and i lose what i wanted to save, i've just lost an hours work because of it.

just wondering if anybody else had such a problem, and maybe even fixed it. I'm in tears here!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

I havn't had any problem with this at all [I have a Zen Touch].

Did you try removing the drivers and software and reinstalling it on your pc? Or try and get the latest updates from the creative site?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭theCzar

Winters wrote:
    I havn't had any problem with this at all [I have a Zen Touch].

Did you try removing the drivers and software and reinstalling it on your pc? Or try and get the latest updates from the creative site?

I've gotten the latest versions alright, no help unfortunately. I might try re-installing the whole thing...

cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

theCzar wrote:
    I've gotten the latest versions alright, no help unfortunately. I might try re-installing the whole thing...

cheers.

what OS are you using? ive heard of this problem from people who are not running XP SP2.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

ive heard of this problem from people who are not running XP SP2.

yeah the same happened me i had norm XP and didn't have any trouble got the service patch and now the hang is terrible

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭theCzar

danniemcq wrote:
    yeah the same happened me i had norm XP and didn't have any trouble got the service patch and now the hang is terrible

yeah, i have norm XP with SP2...

just mean i can't leave the zen plugged in while i'm doing something else, which is a shame because i like to listen to music while i work... and all my music is now on my Zen...

At least my zen never crashes, i know several people who've had tremendous probs with the Zen...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭obried26

I installed NOMAD Explorer on my laptop for a mate of mine cause he wanted some of my music. When I uninstalled everything afterwards I was left with the NOMAD Explorer icon in My Computer, and now I can't get rid of it. Does anyone know how to delete it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,172 ✭✭✭1huge1

try add and remove programmes and see if it has any icons for it left if not thants strange (does it say being used by another programme if it does see its on the icon thing at the bottom right of your screen and exit it) then try and delete it

Advertisement