Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leixlip a Hole!

• 15-03-2005 11:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hey,

I have been lliving in Leixlip for 3 years now, what a kip .
    I moved from the southside Dublin down there.
    It is red neck town with no identity , the place doesnt know
    whether its apart of Dublin or Kildare .
    Anyone agree or disagree ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

ye i used to hang around there. they think they're part of dublin but i always gave them abuse coz of it. they think just coz they get a dublin bus they're dubs! they should look at their addresses! Leixlip, Co. Kildare!!

and whats with all that Hillers v Far-enders? thats the saddest thing i ever saw in me life! i have cousins that live out there and an ex. im gonna go text them and give them more abuse! thanx for remindin me, maximo.

ps what part u from? i hav cousins up by HP and i know a few girls scattered round the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Wow Maximo, what an introduction to boards.

Perhaps if you learned to use English correctly you'd find life in Leixlip a lot more pleasant.

She dumped you I take it B-Man?

ooh u caught me! ;)
    doesnt mean what i said was wrong! hehe.
    i havent been there since december but im still familiar with the place. like i said, i have family down there and a few friends. dont think i'd wanna live there tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Amz wrote:
    Perhaps if you learned to use English correctly you'd find life in Leixlip a lot more pleasant.

Those Leixlipians are sticklers for grammer... :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭The Fitz

was there like once, there's an annoying girl on boards called rozabeez from there!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,579 ✭✭✭uberwolf

lived there for years. Only good thing there is the bus out. And even that is crap.

Well that's harsh - it's been chronically under serviced in the last twenty years. And is suffering for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,907 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭GeorgeBailey

The Fitz wrote:
    was there like once, there's an annoying girl on boards called rozabeez from there!!

Like I'd say she's like completely like annoying alright like

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭-oRnein9-

Leixlip is the best place ever to live well in the hill anyway, and how about you **** off back to the south side if you don't like living here, also all other assbandits and nobgoblins: " we're mad we live in Dublin " Shut the **** up who cares 5 minuted across an imaginary line, also I don't claim that I'm from Dublin, now ya little faggoty nerds take your asses out to leixlip and badmouth it while your there see how far it gets ya!
    Rant over and out!

haha reminds me of a story when i was down there this once.

apparently, the biggest scumbags were gonna hop on me and me mate one saturday night when they were locked. we were walkin along (me, me mate and few girls). the "scumbags" came up behind us and we could here them sayin "u hop on him first, no u hop on him first etc" so one comes up to us and goes "so, where yis from?" and we told them "Tallaght". next thing we hear is "im not hoppin on them, they're from tallaght!" losers. there was bout 6 of them and they ended up followin us around all night tryin to hang around with us! pathetic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭*Page*

i've just moved there with my boyfriend. went to school there too its alright not the nicest place in the world but hey,what can you do?

I think the original poster is of the opinion that the far away hills are greener. All areas have good and bad points; Leixlip is no different to South Dublin in that regard. Perhaps when the original poster grows up a bit he’ll realise that things could be a lot worse.

Orniwhatevernumber you're doing yourself a disservice with your attitude, nobody from Leixlip, would want to be associated with someone like you so don’t presume to speak for them. Uncouth posts like yours aren’t a way to get your point across so why not spare us the exhibition of your limited vocabulary and try not to post.

Reactor it’s grammar not “grammer”.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Mangler

Live in Leixlip now, have lived in Tallaght, Rathfarnham and Raheny and London.

The areas are all exactly the same, you have the tracksuit wearing Neanderthal's hanging around the streets (they have no imagination so they all just put their identical tracky's on).
    Then you have the the posh heads who have those obnoxious D4 accents and pretend they are something they are not, they end up spending their entire lives living one big lie out of fear of being labeled lower class (which is very amusing). Then you have the mulchies who start drinkng on Thursday through to Sunday but are pretty harmless. then there is the rest ... I could go on .. but you have heard it all before and I am sure you get the picture, same scene differant part of Ireland.

Come to think of it when you step back and take a good look, the Irish, they are becoming more like the English every year, funny that. I wonder what we will be like in another ten years. scary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭bigpinkelephant

OK I am from Leixlip, while some of the above statements are somewhat true, I am offended by some of them.

To Maximo, The B Man and Mangler:

1. I am not a "redneck".

2. I know what county I am from, and that is Co. Kildare. I do not think I am a Dub, nor do I want to be one. Perhaps you are confusing people with a Dublin twang to their accents with people who think they are from Dublin. People from the same general area tend to have similar accents, in this case, that general area includes the Kildare/Dublin border.

3.I know Leixlip has had it's fair share of crime but most places have by now.
    Just because some Leixlip people look and act like skangers doesn't mean we all do. I am a university student myself, however I do not have "an obnoxious D4 accent" or "pretend to be something I'm not", nor am I living a lie, I would be the first to admit that Leixlip is not the nicest place in the world and yes, that is a Dublin twang you hear when I speak.

The bits I do agree with are the diabolical bus service and the Hiller-V-Farender thing. However the Hiller-V-Farender thing generally passes once you are over the age of 15 and have left your days of Dutch Gold and fields behind you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 sleasealy

dead right maximo.
    there all fools up there.they dont know yet, but their glorified boggers.That silly accent will never disguise the fact that there sheep lovers.They are very jeleaus that dubs keep comin to that smelly niteclub to rob their women. I dont think they have proper toilets up there either THERES ALWAYS A FOUL SMELL FROM THAT RIVER when you walk over that bridge.
    bigpinkelephant I think you should get out while you can, you dont sound like you have to much faith in the place.

I find it odd that the first post from two people on boards was giving out about Leixlip.

Can someone please lock this thread. I think it has run its course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

Ya lay off her she's sound!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Shane™

Amz wrote:
    Leixlip is no different to South Dublin QUOTE]

I think we found the problem with Leixlip!

Congratulations on misquoting me.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

there are some sick and twisted things i'd like to do to Leixlip, which i would get banned for saying, also amz scares me,

so,

go Leixlip!!!!!!!!

there are some sick and twisted things i'd like to do to Leixlip, which i would get banned for saying
    Your sexual preferences would probably be better suited on L/G/B Issues, or Pimpdaddy agent_smith.

Yeah I guess. Bashing anywhere else wouldn't really fly...