Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi thinking ahead - new PC out Thursday

Options
  • 15-03-2005 8:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭

No, I'm not trying to sell anything - just something I spotted in the Aldi newsletter for what's coming out on the 17th - they have a PC (Medion MD8386) with the following feature
    Future Proof DVB-T Digital TV Tuner
    Discover the new digital television of the future. DVB-T (Digital Video Broadcast-terrestrial) is TV with first class image and sound quality.***** with SCART TV-out-connection. (When available in Ireland)

and on the back page:
    *****Digital channel availability has not yet been finalised in Ireland. When Digital TV is available in Ireland your MD8383 PC with DVB-T card will be ready to receive broadcasts.

Gee, I wonder if the card will still be operational by the time digital TV is available here! :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭radiospan

Strange one all right, I'm guessing those cards aren't cheap?

That PC must have been made with other countries in mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭byrnefm

Looking at computeruniverse.net, the DVB-T cards start at €79, so they're about the same price as a regular TV card, I think.

Advertisement