Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digiweb Wireless in Portlaoise

Options
  • 14-03-2005 6:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭

I have an advert in the local paper for Satellite & Aerial services in co. Laois. Some guy called Niall from digiweb rang me up to ask about tv aerial masts around portlaoise. Seems like they are interested in the chorus headend which supplies cable tv to the community of Portlaoise. This is located out the Timahoe road of Portlaoise, and its also up a fair height. They are going to be using WI-MAX technology. How far is this stuff good for? Will it cover the surrounding towns aswell?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭spartacus93

Wi - Max is good for up to 30 miles! http://www.eweek.com/article2/0%2C1759%2C1036650%2C00.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭sas

Have been after Digiweb for some info. on their portlaoise offering since august last. They've been going live "within the next fortnight" since then. Was told at one stage that the mast is on top of the Heritage Hotel in the centre of town.

Don't know where this ties into what you've been told though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭bigpaddy2004

sas wrote:
    Have been after Digiweb for some info. on their portlaoise offering since august last. They've been going live "within the next fortnight" since then. Was told at one stage that the mast is on top of the Heritage Hotel in the centre of town.

Don't know where this ties into what you've been told though.
    Well it definitley was themselves whom contacted me. That mast on the heritage hotel is only part of the cable tv system within the hotel. Digiweb are also looking at a site out near ballyraggett, so what ever transmitter is erected in portlaoise, must be able to see the one in ballyraggett i assume.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭thejollyrodger

are digiweb putting up wi-max then ? if so then 512k/€35 seems very mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Digiweb don't seem to be moving fast at all. They have secured a contract to supply Abbeyleix in Co. Laois with their "Homewave" product. They don't even know where they are going to locate a mast!!!

Their website has not been updated in months.

What is this company doing???

• Advertisement
Advertisement