Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Father Of The Pride

Options
  • 14-03-2005 4:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭

anyone else watching this on Sky One every Sunday. i think its great. very funny and i hope the americans dont cancel it. much better than that Oliver Beene crap

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭*Page*

seen it first time yesterday.. my daughter liked it but i wasnt that keen..
    i wont be searching for it next weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

its already been cancelled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Tennis

It's finished in America. There is still about 10 episodes to go here though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

tvnutz wrote:
    its already been cancelled.

oh FFS, stupid americans. why the hell do Sky show these things if they have already been cancelled

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Mossy Monk wrote:
    oh FFS, stupid americans. why the hell do Sky show these things if they have already been cancelled

cheap , altho seen the 1st few a few weeks ago they are funny, the father in law is superb :D

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭galactus

Saw this for the first time last night on RTE 2. Very good: a LOT better than any recent Simpsons episodes.

The double bill (Episode 8 and 9) was slightly spolied by having Eastenders on in the middle but its well worth a watch.

Does anyone know how long has this show been on RTE?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

Crap. It's just gimmicky trash made by a desperate NBC. I'm glad it was cancelled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭Boo-yah

NoelRock wrote:
    Crap. It's just gimmicky trash made by a desperate NBC. I'm glad it was cancelled.

I agree. I've only seen a few episodes but I thought it was crap.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Has Oliver Beene been cancelled? Now there's a crap show, it's a bad cross between Malcolm in the Middle and the Wonder Years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

That'd be no loss. Compared to Oliver Beene, The Wonder Years seems like a good show.

As for Father of the Pride, I didn't think much of it. It's selling point seemed to be that it was from the creators of Shrek.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

It was??

I liked it anyway, superb! I'd say Goodmans best show (havent really liked most of his stuff)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

only seen an episode or 2 but i found the 2 human german guys very very funny

would watch it again though

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭galactus

One of last night's episode's had Seigfield and Roy drinking wine in the reception
    of the Betty Ford clinic...

We've been spoiled by the early Simpsons episodes but comments like crap are unfair.

If you want crap check out the last seven or eight seasons of The last Simpsons. At least Seinfeld went out on top.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

Seinfield rocks¬

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭THEZAPPA

Mossy Monk wrote:
    much better than that Oliver Beene crap

hey OLIVER BEENE is way better!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭GUBU

Some funny moments but it's all a bit too self-conscious, there's too many movie- and tv-industry in-jokes and references which aren't immediately obvious, and when you do work them out they usually weren't worth the effort. I'm not surprised it's been cancelled.

Advertisement