Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A limit or a life ...

Options
  • 14-03-2005 1:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭

I was recently told a story...

A taxi driver was driving along the N3 dual carriageway in Dublin.
    Traffic was heavy. Along came an ambulance with siren sounding and lights flashing.
    The taxi driver, seeing no safe place to manouvre to let the ambulance pass, decided to speed up to cause minimum delay to the ambulance.
    However as soon as he found safe slot in the neighbouring lane to move into, he was pulled over by the Gardaí and given two penalty points for speeding!

How do you win? :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

I would have done the same

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭maxheadroom

bazzer wrote:

You'd have a good chance of getting it overturned in court surely?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭*Page*

you shouldn't cause more danger to lives to save another!
    you wont usualy get them removed for that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Sarsfield

The taxi driver may have had the best intentions, but demonstrated poor knowledge and judgement. From someone who drives for a living, carrying fare-paying passengers, this is not acceptable.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,910 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

indicate?
    most people would let you pull in...

if there was room in the overtaking lane to speed it must have been empty,
    surely implying a not so busy road?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,776 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

This sounds like the sort of story that might have been dramatized in the telling. I don't suppose anybody knows the number of the taxi or what station the Garda was from.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

This sounds like the sort of story that might have been dramatized in the telling. I don't suppose anybody knows the number of the taxi or what station the Garda was from.
    Indeed.

It doesn't mention how fast he went or for how long. In my experience, it's rare to see an ambulance doing more than 100kph.

Sounds like an urban legend to me; "It happened to my Da's mate's brother's cousin-in-law's kid's friend's uncle !". Purely bull****ting for the sake of making the Gardai and penalty points look like a farce.

If this happened I'm sure the papers would have leapt on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭cyclopath2001

bazzer wrote:
    I was recently told a story...

Did this happen on April 1st?

Advertisement