Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband and Electrical appliances interference

Options
  • 14-03-2005 12:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

As a result of a chance conversation I had about broadband I have just isolated the fact that my drier keeps tripping the electrical due to my broadband connection. Problems also with lights and tripping as well, but much more sporadic. Had an electrician check everything when the problem first occurred and he couldn't figure out where the problem was - thought it might have been damp or mice. However after plugging out my broadband last night, the drier works perfectly, not sure about the lights yet. Has anyone else noticed similar issues? Are there any filters or shields that I could get to stop it?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Is the trip an ELCB or an RCCB or a Combi (both) , if the former or a combi your BB Modem is leaking to earth and tripping the whole circuit ?

Its faulty in other words.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭causal

Not to hijack your thread fib but...
    Spongebob, could you help with this question I had on a similar topic?

causal

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

phuck IANAE :(

thats sounds like a Simple Overload as I had a problem once where I could not put the kettle and the washing machine on at the same time. Get an electrician in on the case to find out why and remedy it if possible or eliminate it. It could be a fault in the washing machine too (ya never know) .

OH! and when you get an electrician make sure they are RECI qualified and not the other electricians association whose name escapes me now. RECI is the proper stuff while the other shower are simply unbelievable in my experience.

Advertisement