Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick meal idea's

Options
  • 14-03-2005 10:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 509 ✭✭✭

Does anyone have any ideas for meals(dinners!) and are quick and painless to prepare and cook? The thought of going home this evening and cooking is making me more and more tired!?!

any suggestions welcome!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭Tobias Greeshman

How about Spagetti Bolegnese, thats fairly easy to do, just get some minced meat, and add in the sauce. Wont take longer than 30 mins to cook.

Or Sweet and Sour Chicken, just get diced up chicken breasts, cook them add in sauce and boil the rice. Fairly straight-forward to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭BC

Stir fry.
    Stick some chicken breasts on the pan, chop up whatever you veggies you like and throw them on. Serve with some 3 minute noodles and soy sauce!

Fajitas - the meal kits you can buy are really quick/easy to prepare.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Loobz

This is one of my favourite quick meals that will keep you full for ages:

Ingredients:
    Will feed 4 people.

1 lb rashers (lean)
    500g Pasta shells
    1 large onion
    1 red pepper
    2 cloves garlic
    200g Mushrooms
    Tub Creme Freche
    Teaspoon of Ceyenne Pepper
    Olive oil.

Instructions:

Boil pasta. While pasta is boiling, chop rashers and vegetables. Fry vegetables for 5 mins with olive oil. Strain any liquid once cooked. Remove from pan/wok. Fry rashers until slightly brown with olive oil. Strain rashers of any liquid.

Strain pasta shells. Mix everything (pasta, vegetables, rashers) together in a big pot, adding the creme freche and ceyenne pepper at the end. There is no need to keep the pot on heat or else the creme freche will curdle.
    Serve on a big plate with garlic bread if you want. I think this is the ultimate comfort food, its soooo tasty. Try it once and Id say you will have it at least once a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭babaduck

This is dead easy & 1 pot cooks the lot..... for 2 people

Spaghetti

1 small pack BBQ Salmon (Carrowkeel do the best one) - flaked
    1 pack chives - snipped
    3 large tbsp creme fraiche
    1 large handful petit pois
    Pepper

Boil pasta in plenty of salted water
    Add peas about 3-4 mins before the end of cooking

Drain pasta & peas, keeping about 3-4 tbsp water in the pot
    Add salmon, creme fraiche and chives & reheat over a very gentle heat for 2-3 mins
    Divide between 2 warmed bowls & add freshly ground black pepper

• Closed Accounts Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Pinkchick03

babaduck wrote:
    This is dead easy & 1 pot cooks the lot..... for 2 people

Spaghetti

1 small pack BBQ Salmon (Carrowkeel do the best one) - flaked
    1 pack chives - snipped
    3 large tbsp creme fraiche
    1 large handful petit pois
    Pepper

Boil pasta in plenty of salted water
    Add peas about 3-4 mins before the end of cooking

Drain pasta & peas, keeping about 3-4 tbsp water in the pot
    Add salmon, creme fraiche and chives & reheat over a very gentle heat for 2-3 mins
    Divide between 2 warmed bowls & add freshly ground black pepper
    Thanks - they all sound yummy!

What does creme fraiche taste like?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Loobz

What does creme fraiche taste like?
    Its not nice on its own. Its like natural yoghurt, but thicker. Usually makes a nice rich sauce when added with other things.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

It's a bit late for Monday's dinner but if anyone is still interested, my favourite quick meal is;

Buy some barbequed salmon, chop it (it's as easy to pull it apart with your fingers) and heat it with some tomato and mascarapone sauce, serve with tagliatelle. It takes about 7 minutes to cook.

XabiAlonso wrote:
    Here's your quickest meal idea if you live in Dublin. Log onto www.metromunch.com and order your dinner or your breakfast or your lunch. It seems to be new and I've used it and loved it! I got pizza delivered to my house but you can get proper dinners as well plus your lunch delivered to your office! How handy is that! I for one will be using it for the forseeable.
    Mmm sounds good! thanks for that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭meepmeep

XabiAlonso wrote:
    Here's your quickest meal idea if you live in Dublin. Log onto www.metromunch.com and order your dinner or your breakfast or your lunch. It seems to be new and I've used it and loved it! I got pizza delivered to my house but you can get proper dinners as well plus your lunch delivered to your office! How handy is that! I for one will be using it for the forseeable.

Thats the 3rd time you've told people to use that site.

How about just admitting that you're advertising?

:rolleyes:

Anyhoo, my easy recipe:

Ingredients
    3 cups Cooked rice
    3 Eggs
    1 tb. Soy sauce
    2 tb. Peanut or canola oil
    1 can Sliced water chestnuts
    1 cup Frozen peas
    Cooked chicken or ham (optional)

Preparation
    Beat and scramble eggs. Chop and set aside. Pour oil in wok, turn on medium high and add rice. Stir-fry with soy sauce. Add frozen peas, chopped cooked meat (optional), water chestnuts, and cooked egg during last few minutes of heating.

found it on a website - its delish :D

Where else did XabiAlonso talk about it? I think it's a good idea of a website and a good way to advertise it is to spread the word! :)

MMMMMMMmm that sounds gorgeous I am soo hungry! Can I have some now please?!! yummmmmyyy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭meepmeep

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=234195

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=60377

And you're not allowed to advertise on boards...........

And no you can't have any, it's mine hehe :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 smoocher

stew!!!..and if theres any left over freeze it and your dinner for another night is sorted.
    edit...its not quick but its easy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭phoenix2181

here's a quick n' easy one

Ingredients
    1 telephone (doesn't matter if it mobile or landline)
    1 food menu

Preparation

Dial the number of your chosen restaurent, can be chipper, pizza, chinesse etc.
    get out plate & 1 pair of knife & fork
    pour out a tasty beverage
    to finish it all of you can switch on the tv & choose a favorite program

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Heat up a wok and oil.

Chop up a bunch of mushrooms. Big ones, ideally (Sataki?)

Fry them.

Halfay through, add a small pot of cream (not whipped).

Add whatever you like for extra flavour. Soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, ketchup, whatever.

I quite like this, it's really quick. If you want more, get one of those Dolmio pasta packs you pop in the microwave for a couple of minutes. I've found them to be really quite good for quick pasta.

If you want meat as well, throw in some chopped up rashers first, than the mushroms.

Tasty and very quick. Shouldn't take more than ten minutes, whatever you add to it.

Advertisement