Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are there minor NFL Leagues?

Options
  • 14-03-2005 1:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭

I was wondering this for a while now.

Basically are there other football leagues apart from the AFC and the NFC?

Like in baseball there is the major leagues, and the minor leagues. The minor leagues usually are linked to the major league clubs and they use them for bringing players back from injury, layoff etc. (sort of like the reserves)

I don't mean college football(I know of it :) ) I mean other professional football leagues

So, is there? And if there isn't why not?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Boomer23

Yeah, there is a minor league system but its of a very low standard. Most players are shipped off to NFL Europe if they dont cut it, better standard and better pay.

Theres even a Canadian NFL, former 49's QB Jeff Garcia played there until 1999

• Registered Users Posts: 17,038 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Go Toronro Argonauts!!! WOO!!!

ahem....

*sits back down

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭ozhawk66

I was wondering this for a while now.

Basically are there other football leagues apart from the AFC and the NFC?

Like in baseball there is the major leagues, and the minor leagues. The minor leagues usually are linked to the major league clubs and they use them for bringing players back from injury, layoff etc. (sort of like the reserves)

I don't mean college football(I know of it :) ) I mean other professional football leagues

So, is there? And if there isn't why not?
    There is NFL Europe, Arena football (wich I can't stand) and the Canadian football league the NFL saved from going under a few years back.

Advertisement