Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish BroadBand Range with Clear Line of sight

Options
  • 13-03-2005 12:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭

Hi can anyone tell me what is the max distance from the Base mast if you want Irish broadbands offering of their 1MB breeze Light?

Tks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭chorus techy

They say 5km is the max distance for all services, however I know someone in Crumlin using Ripwave off Three Rock, which is a lot further than 5km! I'd imagine once you have a good, clear sight of the base station, you should get the full 1mb, or if not very near to 1mb. Usually, a line of sight test which Irish Broadband will perform for you will give a good indication as to whether or not you will get the full 1mb if you are further than 5km.

Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

They say 5km is the max distance for all services, however I know someone in Crumlin using Ripwave off Three Rock, which is a lot further than 5km! I'd imagine once you have a good, clear sight of the base station, you should get the full 1mb, or if not very near to 1mb. Usually, a line of sight test which Irish Broadband will perform for you will give a good indication as to whether or not you will get the full 1mb if you are further than 5km.

Hope this helps

They told me 5 for best signal and up to 8 for limited coverage..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

They certainly say 5km's, but that's bollocks. With 5.7Ghz you can get coverage up to at least 20km's if the conditions are ideal. I'm pretty sure the install guy that I spoke to even acknowledged this. To get their sales dept to go along with this might be another story, they seem to like to stick with the 5km's. I've gotten the impression that they will go for longer distances in rural/provincial areas. Either to cover more people or because they figure there's less chance of interference.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭spartacus93

Digiweb operate on the same frequency and they say they have a max range of 15Km.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Digiweb operate on the same frequency and they say they have a max range of 15Km.

General Rule where LOS is good is 15km , 3.5Ghz is limited to 15km by licence not tech by the way so they must say 15km .

5Ghz kit has gone up to 30km in Ireland and survived the rain and wind .

• Advertisement
Advertisement