Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any other classical guitar songs like this?

Options
  • 13-03-2005 10:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭

Hey i was just wondering does anybody know anymore classical solo guitar songs that are like 'Recuerdos de la Alhambra' by Francisco Tarrega. I'm currently trying to learn this song and i really like it, and i'm looking to learn another guitar song where it sounds like there is another instrument present.

I don't know if i'm wrong but i think in 'Recuerdos de la Alhambra' the use of tremolo on the treble strings in this song makes it sound as if there is a seperate instrument maybe a mandolin? i don't know but i was just hoping anybody out there in boardland would know, because although i like classical music my knowledge isn't great.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

John williams did a deadly version of Air on the G string for classical guitar. s'nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭Zem

ok cool thanks banquo i'll try and find a copy of it yeah john williams has loads of cool stuff on guitar but haven't come across that before, but will be on the look out now, yeah it was his version of the track in deerhunter you know cavatina that got me into classical guitar music.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 the_count

That's a piece I cannot play properly.

It's meant to be played with one guitar... :D

If you like that, check out Agustin Barrios (a Paraguayan composer - my personal favourite) ... El Ultimo Tremolo is a piece you might want to listen to... ;) La Catedral is also one of his best known pieces.

Or else the very famous "Asturias".

I love tremolo... just wish I could play it better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭Zem

hey i know its one guitar, im learning it that way i can get the tremolo to sound right for the first while but i keep messing it up after a while my middle finger doesnt hit it for some reason while my index and ring finger do, i don't know just need practice i suppose. As for Asturias, i'm ahead of you on that one, i can already play it, love the song. But i will definately check out Agustin Barrios, man i have so many essays to do for college and the guitar is really killing me here. But hey any new sources of music to listen to and to learn from are much appreciated, so thanks.

Advertisement