Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice for heartburn

Options
  • 13-03-2005 2:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭

I'm only in my 20s and get heartbur or really bad indigestion (I'm not sure if it's the same thing)

Anyway I take Gaviscon and Rennie and all that stuff but never seems to help.

any Suggestion.

p.s.

I know going to a doctor is obvious but i haven't got 45 euro to spend.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

milk shakes are supposed to help but I'd go to the doctor if I were you, I had heartburn and so on , but then found out it was caused by a stomach ulcer. So my advice go to the doctor.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭spiderbeast

A stomach ulcer? That sounds sore. Did you need an opeartion?

no you can treat the majority of them with antibiotics, but they can be fairly painful, theres all different types of ulcers, i had to go have tests in hospital.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭spiderbeast

I guess i should really go to teh doctor.

Where you told what food to avoid?

Personally I found it more painful after either greasy food or drink, but i cant stay off the drink so i endure the pain. lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Go to the doctor. I suffered from problems for years. Tests revealed that I didn't have that ulcer-causing bacteria. Eventually, I learned that cutting wheat out of my diet practically eliminated it.

DOCTOR!!

If you're a student, then your college should have a free health service hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,438 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Anyway I take Gaviscon and Rennie and all that stuff but never seems to help.
    I know going to a doctor is obvious but i haven't got 45 euro to spend.
    Spot the inconsistency here, anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Doodah7

I have a feeling you may have gastric reflux oesophagitis. You should most certainly go to the doctor. €45 will be well spent to relieve the symptoms.

Have a look at this and it may answer some of your concerns.

Advertisement