Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone believing REINCARNATION aberration?

Options
  • 12-03-2005 11:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

I believe people are in search of believing something that's why this kind of unrealistic beliefs like reincarnation occur.

QUOTE:

Some people believe they will find the happiness and peace of mind they are looking for in religions such as Hinduism or Buddhism. Many people have been influenced by these eastern religions because of their aura of mystery and mysticism, and because they make use of techniques such as meditation, and because of the unusual attitudes, dress, manner of speech and religious practices of those who follow them.

However, although religions like Hinduism and Buddhism- among the oldest we know of-give some good ethical advice, not everything they contain is true.

………………. CONTINUES

http://www.harunyahya.com/karma01.php

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

I believe in reincarnation and my beliefs are not either of those.

at one stage it was part of the christian church and one of thier systematic theologians Origen of Alexandria, profess believe in it until in the 5th century
    it was declared a hersy at one of the Councils of Constantinople.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Just got in from an early evening out and I've logged in to see what's what. Its after waaaay after midnight on a Sat night, the girlfriend is far far away and I've run out of ciggies, so naturally I'm a bit twitchy.

Even so this thread is a beauty. I truly hope the powers that be(you mods know who you are ;) ) let this one run for the sake of open discussion. It's a subject very relevant to today's geopolitical state. Vis a vis, the east V west. America V the middle east, Islam and the west, etc.

I've noticed(after an admittedly short sojourn about these parts) that the threads that are started by Christian/religious types are removed/locked pretty quickly. I think I understand that thinking behind that, but I think it may be more enlightening to have an open debate on Mikal's position. After all Islam as an ideology has become more relevant to us in the west, given recent events.

Apologies Mikal if I'm reading more into this than you intend. I've checked out your other posts and....
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=213560
    ...Given your geographical location, I'm assuming you're not a new age sun worshipper. To be fair, Turkey would be a better place to be a sun worshipper than Ireland, so you never know.

Rather than ignore this, I think(IMveryHO) we should maybe let this run it's course. I feel it would be useful to let Mikal put his case and see where the journey takes us. To be fair to him he has put this into the humanities forum, where it has a natural place. He also seems sincere in his beliefs so trolling will hopefully be kept to a minimum.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement