Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ntl bb

Options
  • 12-03-2005 10:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭

hey -

my ntl has been out for 4 days now !!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

it's buggin the **** outta me :mad:

anyone else experiencing this around - rathcoole/saggart/clondalkin area :confused:

and ntl's customer service is Crap aswell :mad:

had to get it off me chest -john

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

What exactly is the problem with your NTL? Are you getting a solid SYNC light but the RDY light keeps flashing sort of problem?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭ranDom_tAsk

i'm in tallaght ans it's fine

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭fatherdougalmag

I'm in Saggart and all is well although I did go through a rough patch the week before last. Sync LED wasn't coming up or anything. It resolved itself after a while. Is it a complete outtage you've got or just hit-and-miss?

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Irish-trucker

thanks for the reply's .
    ive a complete outtage - u/s light not on ,d/s is flashing,rdy not on .

havent had a decent reply from ntl out of 4 emails !
    with get me father to ring them(its in his name ) and eat the ****e outta them - its not on like - its been gone for 5 days now !

john

• Registered Users Posts: 9,211 ✭✭✭MrVestek

They'll just be as unhelpful on the phone as they are via email. And they treat you like a complete retard too (ok and have rebooted your computer? plugged out and restarted the modem?). Etc etc etc...

My connection was iffy there most of last week, my download speed was fine but my upload speed was like 1kbps, which is, as you can imagine, hell for browsing sites or stuff like that. Didn't effect downloads tho.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Irish-trucker

anyone got the number for ntl's supposed helpline handy - save me the bother of searching high & low for it ?

thanks -john

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

I've been having some connection issues, but usually get connected eventually. Seem to be having a problem hitting some sites here and there. Usually have to reboot the modem a few times to sort any issues.

Would this have anything to do with the LAN setting problems ?

Would this have anything to do with the LAN setting problems ?

What lan problems? The proxy settings? That fixed it for a while. But now its not making a difference. I dunno why resetting the modem does though???

What lan problems? The proxy settings? That fixed it for a while. But now its not making a difference. I dunno why resetting the modem does though???

Sorry yeah the proxy settings.

• Advertisement

Resetting the modem usually will either renew your ip address or connect you to a new subnet in the NTL network, which is using a different gateway.

In regards to the NTL nonHelpline the number is: 1800321321 (Freephone)

Achilles wrote:
    Resetting the modem usually will either renew your ip address or connect you to a new subnet in the NTL network, which is using a different gateway.

In regards to the NTL nonHelpline the number is: 1800321321 (Freephone)

Yeah I got talking to someone. They reckoned I should let the modem connect before everything else. Why would that make a difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭AlienGav

Hey guy's,

I've had the same problem now for about three months.

I've had numerous technicians call out to my house, and none have been able to sort it out. I just sent ntl another email, and am refusing to pay my bill untill it gets sorted out.

The customer support is a joke. I feel your pain :mad:

Let me know how u get on, I'll keep u posted about mine.

They reckoned I should let the modem connect before everything else. Why would that make a difference.

It wouldn't... I told you dude that's the kind of muppetry you end up dealing with, if they don't know what the problem is they fob you off so that they can have an early lunch or whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭fatherdougalmag

ComReg might be worth contacting too. The least NTL should do is offer to remedy the situation or let you leave your current contract without penalty. In your situation I'd definitely withold payment until service has been restored. My experience with NTL techies in the past has been positive.

There's a guy here lurking on the boards who works for NTL, he might be of some help. There was a dodgy proxy installed on one of the servers there recently that fecked up a fair few people's connections. The situation is supposed to have been remedied but maybe there's still a problem. If memory serves his handle on here is NTL Technition... but I could be wrong.

Advertisement