Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

question on ericom bb

Options
  • 12-03-2005 4:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭

i received my eircom equipment yesterday but when i rang eircom they said that my phoneline was not enabled yet. when i set up the netopia modem today and tried to install the usb connection it wouldnt, then windows deected new hardware and installed drivers for it. can anyone let me know if you need a username and password to connect? i am able to connect to the netfine but does this mean i will have problems with eircom as i dont think im using their connection or is that possible? did anyone have similar problems with the cayman 3341 adsl modem?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

woahh slow down little buddy ;)

look at the 3341 - is the dsl synch like solid green, if not your not on bb if so you are
    the username/password for eircom is eircom and eircom , i think, nut it should be saved in the router all ready

if you type 192.168.1.254 into your web browser witht the 3341 conected it will you give you a stauts page.

check that for info

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭assassin_ie

when i try 192.168.1.254 the page will not come up. i think windows installed old drivers or something because when i waited for the install wizard to install the modem it put up and error. any ideas? im using the connection now but i dont think i needed a login or password so will this cause problems?they said the line wouldnt be enabled til the 21st so should i just wait until then to try and reinstall?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

are you sure your not using your old dial up connection then?

are you using usb or ethernet?
    what version of windows?

def using bb cause its alot faster. using windows xp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭Ishindar

i had the exact same experience with eircom. I was on BB and didnt have to enter username or password even though they told me my line wasnt ready. It doesnt really matter weither u let XP sort it all out or use eircoms install so nothing to worry about...

• Advertisement

ok cheers, soz im awful dozy but can anyone tell me where i can see my bb usage on eircom?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 The One

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭JoyPad

username: eircom
    password: broadband1

The modem comes pre-configured with all you need to get online, just plug the cables and filters as it says in the manual.
    For the USB installation issue, did you follow the instructions? You should have not plugged the USB cable until told so by the installation CD.

Damn, I sound like their support line people! Anyway, I just installed everything on Friday during my lunch break, and left the PC online for my wife's perusal. What I'm saying is that, if you follow the instructions, you should be online in 30 minutes or less.

My config:
    Netopia 3341 with manual IP assigned, DHCP off
    Belkin wireless access point (F5D7632), manual IP assigned, DHCP off, WEP128, MAC filtering
    Desktop PC with WLAN PCI card

I already had the wireless AP and WLAN card installed at the time the modem came. All I did was: connect it to my PC LAN card, configure it the way I wanted it, then plug it into the AP, and it worked.
    BTW, just in case you were wondering, I can't use LAN connection between the modem and PC (simpler config, yes), because they're too damn far apart. The modem is in the hallway, next to the only working phone point in the house (problem raised with the builder, still not solved).

Cheers,
    JP

Advertisement