Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Abs and Format on TRL?

Options
  • 12-03-2005 11:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭

I saw a video for, I'm guessing, a new song on TRL the other day. Anyone know anything about it? Are they putting out a new album?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭radiospan

Ah pity I missed this.

I remember hearing about a new song from them last month, I suppose that was it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭curious_george

If this is about Abdominal and DJ Format, then yes it probably was a new video. Format has a new album out at the start of April - 'If You Can't Join 'Em...Beat 'Em' - plus himself and Abdominal are playing Crawdaddy in early May.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Cannibal Ox

plus himself and Abdominal are playing Crawdaddy in early May.
    Didn't know that, thanks a million!

Do you know anything about prices or the exact date etc, etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

That should be a good gig, hopefully it's late May though, otherwise I'll miss it due to exams.

edit - Firday 6th May, €15. That'll do nicely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭ubu

Sweet, tickets in the post, ill be looking forward to this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭echomadman

Ticketmaster doesnt mention Abdominal for the irish gig, just Format, but does for Wed 27 april in birmingham. You sure he's goign to be there?

edit: nevermind, just looked at crawdaddys website and it says he is.

"If You Can't Join Em, Beat Em" has 12 tracks, Abdominal's on 6 of them. Chali 2na is on one and D-Sisive is on 3.

Good to see he's realised that his tracks with Abs are the best.

echomadman wrote:
    Ticketmaster doesnt mention Abdominal for the irish gig, just Format, but does for Wed 27 april in birmingham. You sure he's goign to be there?

edit: nevermind, just looked at crawdaddys website and it says he is.

Yea, its strange, ticketmaster doesnt have Abdominal on the main page but once you go into the purchase page it does, maybe they consider him as support rather than joint headliner... as long as he's there i dont care

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Its his new song with abs breen from five

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭Bri

That link doesn't work for me?

Works here. Right click and save target as. It's 9.8MB.

Na still not working here - tried all that. Probably just on my end as it takes a while before I get the unavailable alert. Thanks anyway.

Actually scratch that (pun?!) - the video works fine in IE not Firefox.

Can anyone clarify the name of the Format & Abs song where Abs walks along the street right through the video; arriving at a party with Format playing at the end. At least I think that's how it went. Sorry the name has just slipped my memory (again). Is it vicious battle raps?

yea, vicious battle raps it is, i have a link for it somewhere, ill post it if i find it

EDIT: its on this page, along with some other format videos that Ruben Fleischer has directed

Cheers Ubu just found that myself - the videos are downloadable (only in theory of course) if you view the source of the popup...no restriction.

Great song and video!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

fantastic song/video.. Excellent, I had no idea there was a new album coming out. Good news indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Album is nice. Only listened to it once and wasn't really paying too much attention but it's more of the same, which is a good thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Cannibal Ox

Can't wait for the show, reckon Abs will be great to see live.

Can't see the video, but I think the one I saw was Abs & Format rapping in front of a "rap machine" (like one of those dance mat things) and it could have been called Rap Machine.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

that's the video, but it's called 3 feet deep :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement