Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Esat BT BB Cap?

Options
  • 11-03-2005 9:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭

Ive got Esat BT Broadband (free trial) now since the start of the month,i usually download music from about 6pm until 8am the following morning,im unsure of what size the files are im downloading(a couple of albums/DJ mixes,etc) but can anybody tell me if there is a cap on how much i can download and if so am i likely to be charged any money if i happen to go over the limit?cheers.. .

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭diarmo

jonny68 wrote:
    Ive got Esat BT Broadband (free trial) now since the start of the month,i usually download music from about 6pm until 8am the following morning,im unsure of what size the files are im downloading(a couple of albums/DJ mixes,etc) but can anybody tell me if there is a cap on how much i can download and if so am i likely to be charged any money if i happen to go over the limit?cheers.. .

EsatBT has 2 home package:
    Normal with 8GB cap
    Plus with 16GB cap

Honestly if you go a couple of GBytes above either...I dont think theyll charge you for it especially if you are downloading in the middle of the night when there is little change of it hurting the overall netwoek.

But then again....at 3c a MByte.....you could be a very poor man in a month!

Could anyone else here give a first hand account of getting stung for overdownloading or has everyone here got a little leeway with EsatBT???

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Your cap on the standard package is 8gb while the plus package is 16gb, i think esat dont mind if you go over the limit during the trial (dont hold me on that) but they as far as i know reserve the right to charge you when your trial expires and if you stick to being connected to them, but if your taking the piss by constantly downloading they can suspend your service (but not in the trial AFAIK, otherwise they may lose custom). If you got a web camera and Nortons Security in your box you would be on the BB Plus service.
    Hope this helps you.

Btw as mentioned above im sure they wont sting you for a few 100mb's over but if you were say 6-7gb over they may charge.

Also would'nt a lot of people be downloading at night if the files were huge? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭padraigf

http://www.iol.ie/broadband/bb_use.htm
    http://www.iol.ie/broadbandplus/bbp_use.htm

Theyre the standard and plus usage pages. You can have a check there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Cheers for the tips guys,i first logged in on 25/02 and so far ive.... Data downloaded 4.45 GB [4773458971 bytes] (logged in with my username) so not too bad,but after next week will have to be careful not to download too much..... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭diarmo

Whats the situation with the Usage viewer?

When I look at it, only data downloaded since I first logged on, appears.
    Unlike Eircom their is no monthly analysis with day-by-day analusis for each month.

How are we supposed to get a monthly or even daily view of what gets downloaded...other than doing a bit of simple math of course.

Any views on this please?

• Advertisement
Advertisement