Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is happening to Esat/Eircom BB in Blanch area last 2 days?

Options
  • 11-03-2005 5:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

I have Esat BB at home. Yesterday the connection was extremely bad, slow and failing all the time. My friend lives not that far from me and has Eircom BB and had similar problems. I rang Esat in the evening and some support person told me that their exchange load is too high and they are trying to sort it out. He also told me that I am the fourth person reporting this problem and promised to call back, but never did. Then it's all the same stuff happening today as well. I've sent them a request by email, but did not get any response. May be anybody knows what is happening?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

should be resolved by tuesday

*nods sagely*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭Ishindar

eircom were updating their servers in your area on thursday morning and ran into problems, it wasnt resolved until last night. My service is 100% back to normal now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭Xcellor

In longford area and this morning packet loss was like 50% couldnt even check email. Think it was localized prob though. I saw some Eircom people playing around in the what I assume to be exchange, big box down the road from me.

Is there any way of finding out where the exchanges in Ireland are located?
    What do they look like?

Everything up and working now... pings a little higher than normal 32ms instead of 28 but nothing to moan about really ;)

X

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭dglancy

Still seems to be a bit flakey for me (on blanchardstown exchange). In fact, the past two days are the only time that eircom.net dsl has been erratic.

Are you sure issues have been resolved. Must ring tech support in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭cregser

I really haven't noticed this. I'm on IOL blanch exchange. I thought the actual exchange was in the big building in the middle of the blanch shopping centre?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭andrew163

I thought the actual exchange was in the big building in the middle of the blanch shopping centre?
    'tis. But that's an abnormally large one...

Advertisement