Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A little Advice

Options
  • 11-03-2005 3:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭

Ok guys ive been on Eircom Broadband for almost a year now, my contract is up an April/May, ive been payin €40 a month as that was the tariff when i signed up, ive been very happy with the service ive never had a problem and ive used BB almost every day for the last year.
    I'm just wondering what to do when my contract is finished, i will definetely want broadband and i was thinking of getting one of those free trials to save a few pounds, but am i entitled to a free trial as ive already been a BB subscriber or more to the point if i ask for a free trial from say ESAT for example would they have anyway of telling that i had been connected to BB before?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

kinkstr wrote:
    Ok guys ive been on Eircom Broadband for almost a year now, my contract is up an April/May, ive been payin €40 a month as that was the tariff when i signed up, ive been very happy with the service ive never had a problem and ive used BB almost every day for the last year.
    I'm just wondering what to do when my contract is finished, i will definetely want broadband and i was thinking of getting one of those free trials to save a few pounds, but am i entitled to a free trial as ive already been a BB subscriber or more to the point if i ask for a free trial from say ESAT for example would they have anyway of telling that i had been connected to BB before?

Yes, sure Esat are using Eircoms equipment!

but you can try , but dont let on you don't have BB as they will see it on thier shared system............ tell them that Eircom serivce was bad and you want to move your BB and Home Call to them as you are pissed off with Eircoms Customer Serivce and a friend recommended them........................

give it a try.............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

I would say hang on to Eircom and consider changing to Smart, if you're on an exchange that will be enabled as part of the planned rollout. There are also new packages rumoured from Eircom et all at the beginning of April, so things might be a bit different then. Now is not the time to do anything, basically.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

I tried testing my line on the smart website but theres no date when it will be available in wexford

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

kinkstr wrote:

Your contract doesnt finish - after the first 12 months you change to a rolling one month's contract. If you want to go to Esat or anyone else you have to give that month's notice and then 'lose' your bb until you are fixed up somwhere else. But I am virtually certain that you cannot get a free trial when your line has already been enabled and with all the free offers ending at the end of this month anyways why bother with all the messing involved?

Advertisement