Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best value bb

Options
  • 11-03-2005 1:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

what's the best value bb out there?

will be buying a new house, so digital tv and bb?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

I suppose IBB ripwave is good value for its price but isnt stable sometimes, if you get NTL digital Get the BB from them aswell as its fast and good value i heard

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

you rthe only one i ever heard say ripwave was good. go for breeze

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

I have it at speeds of 450k, but thats me, other peoples are crap due to crap signals, i personally changed to Esat because atleast i can be assured of a service all the time,
    Ripwave is a good idea, but not in ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

It depends what you want to use your connection for.

For example UTV provide the cheapest service, however it is notoriously bad for online gaming, but holds its own against other 512/128 providers.

If you live in an area where you can get NTL, then go for it. They are in a much better position in the future to provide you with faster speeds and better service than Eircom or any other ISP out there.

I dont know much about WISPs though :/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

NTL is probably the best one at the moment if its available to you. I've heard Irish BB is good as well. You should also check if your in one of the areas Smart is rolling their BB out in. They'll be the best value once they launch.

• Advertisement
Advertisement