Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ping on NTL BB.

Options
  • 11-03-2005 12:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭

hey my friend has NTL BB , 312 k i think and hes been playing HL2 : death match CS: sourse, the ping has been fairly bad.
    HL2:deathmatch, when 'EURO' servers sorted by latency, lowest is 130+
    CS:source, lowest shows up 40-50 but in game its as bad, 100+.
    USUALLY , most of the time its 200.

i have 512 esat, on 1.6 cs, i get 40-50/

I doubt its the 312 - 512 difference ?
    He has his modem connected to an external harddrive/router of somesort, which has a firewalla also, could that be a problem ? or is NTL just not good for games [although they advertise that it supports XBOX-live]

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,613 ✭✭✭milltown

I can ping jolt.co.uk and get ~23ms response. I am on NTL 1.5Mbps but afaik bandwidth and latency are mutually exclusive. Unless he is downloading movies/ music at the same time maybe?
    I would say his problems are down to his setup, as you say, firewall and router.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

Placebo wrote:
    hey my friend has NTL BB , 312 k i think and hes been playing HL2 : death match CS: sourse, the ping has been fairly bad.
    HL2:deathmatch, when 'EURO' servers sorted by latency, lowest is 130+
    CS:source, lowest shows up 40-50 but in game its as bad, 100+.
    USUALLY , most of the time its 200.

i have 512 esat, on 1.6 cs, i get 40-50/

I doubt its the 312 - 512 difference ?
    He has his modem connected to an external harddrive/router of somesort, which has a firewalla also, could that be a problem ? or is NTL just not good for games [although they advertise that it supports XBOX-live]

Thanks

where are you living ? I have same issue and I can tell whats up....... if your in my area.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

Carpenterstown / castleknock.

no other program are being used while playing [no downloads etc]

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

Placebo wrote:
    Carpenterstown / castleknock.

no other program are being used while playing [no downloads etc]

Me too !!! contact me throught hotmail:- I want to tell you whats up

Martinniextra@hotmail.com

Advertisement